Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 greeves disassembly

Hello everyone,

I recently started working on a 1962 greeves hawkstone 250cc. I am trying figure out how to remove one of the engine mount bolts (circled in picture) both nuts unscrew just fine. But I don’t see how the whole bolt comes out. It hits either side of the engine casing.

Any experience with this. Any help is much appreciated.

Attached Files

Looks like you have a barn find could you give the frame number? If you remove the clutch cable will the bolt pass through the hole on gearbox casing? If not you will need to remove chaincase & clutch assy to get bolt out on RH side.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/06/2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

As JW says, there is a hole in the gearbox casing the stud will pass through.

Comment

Yours unusually still has the full timing side/gearbox outer casing, which will need to come off first. Most competition machines had the gearbox covering section of that cover cut away to allow easier access, without the requirement to strip off the timing cover. Here you can see my cut-away case, along with an extended clutch operating lever, mods done by a previous owner. Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear engine mount.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	91320

Comment

That looks like the solution. Thank you all for the advice.

Comment

Working...
          X