Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Speedo

Hi,
    Am just about to put my TFS on the road but have been wondering about whether to fit a digital speedo.
    Otherwise I'd need to collect the head and all drive gear to put an original "D" version on and from memory they don't like a lot of mud and water over them anyway.
    So please has anyone got any experience with such things and the best (but not too expensive) answer to my problem?
    Look forward to hearing.

Hi Ian, the TFS had the later round speedo in a cast binnacle that acted as handlebar clamps as well. I used a cheap cycle speedo from Halfords,was £8 and it works okay.
    Last edited by John Pattinson; 06/10/2021, 11:35 AM. Reason: re read the question and added more detail.

Comment

As John says the Halfords cycle speedo does the job and is cheap. You really dont want to risk £100 Smiths speedos on a trials bike

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Thanks so much, Seems like a very sensible option.
        Was a bit concerned about bringing it all up to original spec when the bike will actually be used for trials as well as being "pretty" lol.
        I'll take your sage advice and save myself a great deal of time, effort and money! The GRA's paid for its annual subscription already!!!
        Once again, thanks for the responses.
        ATB

Comment

Hi ian there are only a few on/off road events so is it really worth it as they can easily be broken in trials , a halford or similar one as sugested would be better

Comment

Hi Dick F,
            Agreed thanks for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pattinson View Post
              Hi Ian, the TFS had the later round speedo in a cast binnacle that acted as handlebar clamps as well. I used a cheap cycle speedo from Halfords,was £8 and it works okay.
              Now £10 https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cyc...YzMzYxMTcyNi4w

Comment

Hi John,
                Thanks for the link, can't believe how much simpler it is now that an inexpensive bit of kit can save so much time and effort over the original drive, cable and head/binnacle sourcing, fitting and maintaining. BTW apols for delay in replying. All contributions here have been really helpful. Job done now, so I'll be posting for more info on other bits v soon I'm sure!
                ATB

Comment

Working...
                X