identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identification

i have recently purchased a project greeves 197 cc the frame no is 60/1150 the 5 could be 8 the last 2 digits are not very clear,the seller seemed to think it had never been road registered,any help in identifying the bike would be appreciated

John. Either number would be a 1960 20TC Scottish, I have not previously got the bike listed on the survivors list, what state is it in, can you post a pic (including frame number)

Comment

In general, it is very good. Paintwork is the correct moorland blue. It is all complete with engine, minus exhaust system. Petrol tank has dents and needs spraying. I might get new rims for the wheels as they have seen better days. The hubs are the finned alloy type.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

The number looks a bit odd, I dont think its a re stamp as such, but maybe the stamper picked up the wrong stamp on a Friday afternoon, and than corrected it with the right number. I think it looks more like 60/1130.
        If it is 60/1130 I have that listed as "basket case part restored eBay 9/20 (post code RH203ET)"

Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/10/2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Indeed it is 60/1130 see previous thread when it was for sale on eBay https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...tc-basket-case

Comment

rh203et is the basket case that was advertised on e-bay.so can we assume its a tc model and can i re-build as such,and are we assuming it"s never been road registered

Comment

Yes its a 20TC hopefully Mr Sparrow will be along to confirm and maybe give a bit of detail from the dispatch register. It almost certainly would have been road registered as almost all trials used on road sections back in the day, just that the reg number and paperwork has got lost over the years. There is virtually no way you can get the reg number other than ask DVLA to do a check on frame (VIN) number, but if its been off the road before 1980 they wont have records. You will need to apply for an age related number.

Comment

It must by 60/1130. The UK dispatch records for the 20tc and tcs only go up to 60/1142. Oddly, though, no dispatch date is given.

There would be no difficulty authenticating it as a 20tc to allow you to apply to DVLA for an age-related registration number - except that the machine authentication service is suspended until we come out of the Corona virus crisis.. If you email me your address to colinsparrow@btinternet.com and quote the frame number I'll put you on the waiting list.

Colin
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

That's exactly why I asked you to email me. I asked you to quote the frame number so I would know for certain which bike the email referred to. I've noted your address, so you can delete that post now .Just press "edit" and delete it.

Monday 19/10 - I've now deleted the post in question.
                  Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 19/10/2020, 10:01 AM.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Me too, Colin, now that mine is redundant. Your last one might need amending now to make more sense? Probably need to put a "general warning" up somewhere, too, so that all are more aware?

Comment

Working...
                    X