TFS Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFS Frame

I deleted my original post as the more I thought about it, the more I felt ashamed for being so lazy. Therefore, after actually looking at the frame number, and reading the information regarding the TFS in Colins book, I guess Greeves beat me to the punch regarding an early enduro machine (which is how I am using my TES now). So I guess its off on a quest to find an engine, forks, wheels, and a fuel tank to get this back on the road . Originally I was just after the front end to use as a template to repair my "race" damaged forks - but they came with the frame. Apparently people were doing some funny things with Greeves in NY back in the '60's .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Geoff; 20/10/2019, 11:12 PM.

The forks you have in the pictures are for a road bike. Looks like they have been extended to take a 21" wheel. They may not be compatible with the TFS frame and the steering may be a bit odd.

Ideally, you need to find some heavyweight leading-link forks, or moto cross type bananas.

As for engine choice the TFS is one of the best in accommodating a wide range of other non-Villiers engines.

Good luck

Comment

Hi Phil,

Already thinking of trying to find a Triumph 500 engine for it. I am not in a hurry - something is bound to show up that would work for the period. I am sure I will be contacting you for the cradle!

Geoff

Comment

Here to help. As much or little.

Comment

Working...
        X