Modern pre65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern pre65

Though I would see what people though of my finished project. The aim was to make a bike to take on the draytons without cutting a greeves to bits
    Attached Files

Hi Liam, That looks great. Can you give us a breakdown of the major parts? What are the hubs? And has a new cradle been made? Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Hi ian
      The hubs are tiger cub copies as this seems to be standard issue with all pre65 bikes now. The front loop and engine cradle are original (but are not from a trials model) Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190426_195810.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	556.4 KB
ID:	75393 with only the engine spacer changed to give the correct chain alignment. The biggest mod is the swingarm arm that has been narrowed down to even up it rear end

Comment

Very nice. I particularly like the brake pedal on the right-hand side.

Comment

Very smart and practicle. Have you encountered any problems in getting the steep steering head angle?

Comment

The steering angle with 360mm rear shocks and 31 inch forks is 27 degrees. There has been alot of debate on the correct fork angle with many people. Everyone was trying to make it around 24 degrees or less as most modern bike but these bike can be very twichy to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Robinson View Post
              Hi ian
              The hubs are tiger cub copies as this seems to be standard issue with all pre65 bikes now.
              Where can you buy those hubs?

Thanks,

Ian.

Comment

Alan Whitton is one guy who makes the cub hubs from billet aluminium. Put his name in a search engine for his number. Failing that look on the Drayton site.

Comment

The hub are from Gerry Minshall (07889 495178 or email gerryminshall@googlemail.com). He runs the kia twinshock trials a very nice bloke.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X