A 64 TES Refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 64 TES Refurbishment

I took delivery of this bike last month - looking to quickly get the cycle bits up to snuff for an enduro event in late September.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Geoff; 06/08/2018, 11:52 PM.

1964 TES Project.

Hi Geoff,

Nice project you've got there!

I see nzpeterb posted some excellent info for you already (thanks Peter, terrific post and much appreciated) but let us know as and when you need pointing in the right direction and I'm sure everyone will chip in to help out.

New 'Project' threads are always very welcome on here, and popular! It gives a good overview of the 'typical' problems and issues encountered in restoring a Greeves and often loads of 'moral support' for the builder is freely supplied (as required) too....!! Craig (griffon380) may even supply some 'workshop beverages' to help if/when the Moorland Blues strike.....

Keep posting the progress reports, pics and questions and it'll build into a great thread.

Finally, I think I may have seen a previous query you posted regard uploading pics.....if so, have a look at this thread; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...posting+photos

Honestly, it's really easy when you figure it out and it takes seconds. Hope this helps Geoff, and once again, good luck with the project.....looking forward to seeing it all come together for you.

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/08/2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Greeves TE/TES Factory Brochure.

Hi Geoff,

If you scroll down to post 5 of this thread, there's a scan of a factory brochure for your bike that I uploaded; http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...ead.php?t=4729

Just thought it might be a handy bit of additional reference material for you.

Hope it helps,

Brian.

Comment

Thanks Brian!

Dropped off the tank yesterday to have this bodge fixed...

Between the copious amount of brazing material, epoxy, and a coating inside the tank from PO's, it still leaked.

Hopefully the giant dent will be able to be rectified on the right side of the tank so I can fit badges.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mmmm.....!!

Nice bit of 'grouting' there Geoff...!!

At least you're doing it 'right' and a proper repair job means if will stay repaired. It might cost a bit more but well worth it in the long run.

Pleased the link to the factory brochure was of interest, and as an aside, you may also enjoy this thread as it also contains info on how some of those images were produced....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...ead.php?t=1444

Keep the pics and the questions coming, and hopefully you won't find too much more bodging on the rest of the bike, finger crossed!

Brian.

Comment

hello Brian,
            how are you??

Comment

how is the pink lambretta and the monkey?

Comment

Griffon Riders Association Thread Hi-Jack Alert.....eeek!!

Sorry Geoff....hope you don't mind us borrowing your thread for a minute....

Hi Craig, ya pirate!! It's been a while....all good mate.......the monkey is fine, still likes eating sofas and fridges though....but I'm keeping the Pink Lambo..

Drop me a PM if you fancy a catch up!!

....and send Geoff some workshop beverages to make up for this blatant thread hi-jack....

Thanks Geoff!!

Brian.

Comment

Sorry Geoff,
                  Just got excited when I seen my old mate on the forum.
                  Please keep posting the refurbishment pictures of the 64 TES,

pm coming at you Brian

Comment

Another weekend gone and a little progress achieved. In attempting to get the frame separated so I could get the alloy beam vapor blasted, I ran up against the swing arm bolt. Alas it was frozen solid - time being of the essence, I am leaving it intact and removing the red paint off the beam slooooowly. Hopefully the frame will be clean enough to get new footrests welded in place, the rear mud guard bracket relocated to its original position, and various PO weld spots repaired later this week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The TES that I've just started, I had to drill out the swinging arm spindle. A laborious process, but it was the only way to get it out. I then turned up another. It wouldn't shift, even in a hydraulic press.
                      If I can upload it, a rough drawing of the seat bracket.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Seat bracket

Sorry the pic is upside down. If you want any other measurements, just let me know.

Comment

Thank you Terry!

Comment

I am unable to post a new thread for some reason, so will tag on this one, maybe John Wakefield can shed some light on this problem i found. I have a TES and TFS both having S25 Carbs on the TFS is clearly marked S25 plus another mark on the slide body, the TES has no markings on it at all? the question is did i loose a spring or clip when dismantling the carb? having spoken with Rob he assured me and after finding my villiers books that were lost , it shows that some have the needle just resting on the round black float, and not secured by a clip or spring? has anyone else been confused when working on a S25 as well

Comment

No clip on mine dick , and can't remember one one on the other carb. Will strip it to look if you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X