Ranger (1) part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger (1) part 1

I now all the bits and a plan of what I want to do with this Ranger.

As it will inevitably look like my T100C after a few outings I am going to put some Devon rims (Stainless) on it.
    There are two reasons, one I already have a front rim which is now being laced with a twin LS BHC 7 inch hub and secondly,
    and more importantly it will end up like my T100C and I don't do polishing:- well only occasionally .

..and thirdly - did I say two reasons: - the chrome rims are beyond repair and finding a decent 21 inch chrome rim is nearly impossible.
    (All these old boys with the rims hidden in their sheds 'cos they might need them one day:- fat chance, they will end up on ebay soon or later.
    Yes I know I could get a new Chrome one, but I cannot see the point, if you are replacing, replace with better -
    and Devon Rims make their own to the Dunlop profile - as used by SRM and others - handy as they are only 10 miles from me.

There are a few things that will modernise the Ranger for everyday use that the T110C has -
    the indicators, the ignition switch in the fork shroud, steble horn - loud is what you need
    -similar speedometer - for those that are into numbers Smiths SSM5002/00A - grey faced.

and probably stainless steel mudguards as they have less up keep (no polishing)

Now that I have visualised what I want I will start to take it apart and have it ready for a paint job after Christmas.

Obviously the correct Moorland blue will be used to keep some authenticity - Suffolk Stove Enamellers always do a great job.
    Last edited by tony; 17/12/2015, 01:47 PM. Reason: copied picture link

Fantastic restoration concept Tony,

Comment

Working...
    X