Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25DB project

Thank you Buzzer
    that's praise indeed.Like you I can't wait to fire it up and then sort out the reg!! just fitted new rear sprocket sent from TDS. Paul at Cotton spares tells me he has at last tracked down a head lamp rim. just waiting for the tank from Ultimate bike paint. he's very good but because of that he gets overwhelmed but good things are worth waiting for.Cheers Mike

Comment

25DB Project Update.

Hi Mike,

Your roadster is looking really good, and a heck of an improvement on what you started with. Well done!

Thanks for keeping us all updated on progress and keep up the good work..... the end is in sight!!

Good luck for the rest of the rebuild.

Brian.

Comment

25DB project

There she is almost finished. the paint is mostly RS "moorland blue" the tank is RAL 5001 you make your own mind up what is "moorland blue"!! last peice of jig saw is a headlamp rim from Paul at Cotton spares he has found me a "Miller ". and a new set if bars from Adrian as the flat bars foul the tank.Woopee!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice crash helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
            There she is almost finished. the paint is mostly RS "moorland blue" the tank is RAL 5001 you make your own mind up what is "moorland blue"!! last peice of jig saw is a headlamp rim from Paul at Cotton spares he has found me a "Miller ". and a new set if bars from Adrian as the flat bars foul the tank.Woopee!!
            Your frame looks the right shade of Moorland Blue when compared with the bikes in this pic https://www.flickr.com/photos/wjb2us/2524890023/
            They were owned by Rob Slade who knew all about Moorland Blue as he used to mix the paint & sell to members. The light blue on your bikes tank looks more like Peacock Blue as used on the Essex & I think DCX.

Comment

25DB project

The monster lives, after a chat with Steve at villiers who sugested some things to check so I did as suggested made sure I had good earths cleaned the new points with emery, drained sumps put "fresh" petrol in tank set timing with a vernier gauge at 3/16 points gap at 12thou gave it a tickle and she fired up first kick could not be more pleased sounded nice and quiet so will press on to finish off.Woopee!!!!

Comment

Yes it usually simple faults that cause the problems.

Comment

25db project

Thanks John and thanks to all who helped and encouraged the forum is excellent a real help.

Comment

25DB project

Is this the newest greeves as yet unregistered? Been a challenge but what a pleasing result hope you think the effort was worth it .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, just needs tops of rear shocks painting Moorland Blue to finish it off. Do you have a registration number for it, or have you to get an age related one?

Comment

25DB project

John
                        I thought you would have spotted the missing carb cover? As I cannot get moorland blue!! the shocks will stay black as for reg that is in hand.So I just want to ride it the insurance premium are very reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
                          John
                          I thought you would have spotted the missing carb cover? As I cannot get moorland blue!! the shocks will stay black as for reg that is in hand.So I just want to ride it the insurance premium are very reasonable.
                          Did you not have any RS 'Moorland Blue' paint over from the frame? The carb covers usually got left off so to make adjustment easier, so I would not worry about that, hence why I did not mention it. They dropped the carb cover from the later DC model anyway.

Comment

25DB project

I've got the carb cover but run out of paint so that will have to wait.

Comment

It looks really good - bet you can't wait to ride it!

Comment

Working...
                              X