Griffon QUB rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
    They will still need cable ties unless i can obtain some Zeus fastners...any ideas guys?
    Well, at least they won't fall off if you use cable ties!

Kim, if you're tidying up your QUB, does that mean I'll have the scruffiest bike on the start line?
    Last edited by Andy Z; 19/02/2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Clash of the tight 'uns.....!

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      They will still need cable ties unless i can obtain some Zeus fastners...any ideas guys?
      Hi Kim, Andy,

Kim....are any of these any good mate?

Brian.

Comment

• Hi Brian, they look good. Now can you show me where to get Griffon 250cc side panels to match please

Comment

• Back to the rebuild

This hole is what probably scraped the bike all those years ago. Thank you hole.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I really should sand it down a bit and paint it. Maybe after the first couple of races
            Attached Files

Comment

• I got these bars from TDS. Now Paula suggested I paint them pink but really should go for black or silver.
              I would put it to the vote but only Dave and Kim ever respond and they have landed on their head too many times.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by griffon380; 19/02/2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Old cable protectors verses new ??
                Really should use the old ones since I have them.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I know these are something to do with air instead of springs in the front forks but can anyone say they have seen this setup before??
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Auntie Brian's Fashion Tips.....

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    I got these bars from TDS. Now Paula suggested I paint them pink but really should go for black or silver.
                    I would put it to the vote but only Dave and Kim ever respond and they have landed on their head too many times.
                    Craig, that's what happens you don't wear appropriate headgear, like this snazzy little lilac number....

Also, rather than Pink, have you considerd a nice 'Warm Cerise' for your new 'bars? It's quite similar to pink, but a bit less 'chavy' in my opinion....and I know that you're a classy kinda guy. Plus, Dave, Kim and Andy will be so busy admiring them at the startline, it should give you the holeshot every time....

Auntie Brian.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/02/2015, 02:21 PM. Reason: Helmet pic attached.....Auntie Cynthia Unanimously approved...!

Comment

• Ceriani Air Forks etc.

I know these are something to do with air instead of springs in the front forks but can anyone say they have seen this setup before??
                      Here you go Craig - Higgo started an interesting thread (well, apart from my contributions that is....) on this topic a while back; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ighlight=forks

(...Oh....just realised you probably already know about that one mate....soz Craig...! Still, s'pose others may not...)

Brian.
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/02/2015, 02:33 PM. Reason: More drivel.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                        Craig, that's what happens you don't wear appropriate headgear, like this snazzy little lilac number....

Also, rather than Pink, have you considerd a nice 'Warm Cerise' for your new 'bars? It's quite similar to pink, but a bit less 'chavy' in my opinion....and I know that you're a classy kinda guy. Plus, Dave, Kim and Andy will be so busy admiring them at the startline, it should give you the holeshot every time....

Auntie Brian.
                        Warm Cerise it is Brian

Comment

• Nailed....!!

Good man! Even more worringly, it also comes in metalflake.....

We gotta be careful here mate.....it may start a new trend......

Brian.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                            Good man! Even more worringly, it also comes in metalflake.....

We gotta be careful here mate.....it may start a new trend......

Brian.
                            Personally, I'd go for a slightly more purple shade.
                            I gave away a set of purple anodised renthals a few years ago - I knew it was a mistake!

Comment

• Don't worry

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                              Well, at least they won't fall off if you use cable ties!

Kim, if you're tidying up your QUB, does that mean I'll have the scruffiest bike on the start line?
                              Don't forget Mike Bell will be riding his Challenger....so no worries on having the scruffiest bike mate !!

Comment

• Side Panels.

Hi Brian, they look good. Now can you show me where to get Griffon 250cc side panels to match please
                                I wonder if Roger Ennis could be able to sort you out there Craig, if you need some. He advertises in 'LL' and is a lovely bloke to deal with - great quality gear and very reasonable prices too.

(...and you definitely shouda' kept those 'Reffnulls' Andy....! )

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X