Challenger mx2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger mx2

A little bit about my Triumph engined Challenger MX2.

I purchased the bike as a rolling chassis with engine fitted from Phil Hyde in May 09 with the aim of putting the bike on the road as a trail bike. I wanted to ride it in the MCC long distance trials, hoping for the Exeter Trail in Jan 10.

The project has been a real labour of love and a bit of a money magnet.

Phil had done an expert job of putting the engine in the chassis, but I simply had to add the ign, fuel, lub and exhaust systems as well as a few minor bits to the chassis.

Phil warned that Triumph bits could be a bit pricy, but i have to say, most of the old Triumph dealers have been really helpful. The fact that the engine is half 5TA and half Daytona has created a few problems, but i'm getting there. Just a gearbox layshaft bush to go. and we should be done!!! Until the next time.

I have learned as I have build the bike, but I'm happy to pass on any tips. The bike is now registered and on the road, and although currently in bits with the gearbox, will be back in operation soon. I did not make it to the Exeter, instead opting for the Lands End Trial which i rode over Easter. A great event and ..... I got a Gold!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeTizard; 08/09/2010, 09:57 PM. Reason: insert picture

Well done Mike!

...and using the forum as well. Now, how about a picture of the bike now that it has lights and is road-registered?

Thanks for helping to get the 'projects' section going!

Cheers, Rob

Comment

Mike, do you have any pictures taken on the Lands End Trial that I could use in Leading Link?

You could email them to me as Jpegs (address in Leading Link)

All the best, Colin
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin/Rob,

As you know Colin, it was Colin Ladd that was at Beggars Roost taking all of the pictures. I will try to get in touch with him and see if they are worth putting in the LL.

As far as attaching a picture is concerned!!! I have the pictures I just need to figure out how!!

Comment

Working...
        X