Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon QUB MK 2 Project

Hi all,
    I mentioned on the forum many months ago that I am building a Griffon MK 2 QUB. Progress has been slow - mainly because I have been sidetracked with Engine and gearbox issues with my main Griffon race bikes......however.....This is an update.

I have a Griffon frame - which is with a welder who is creating a new swinging arm - and adjusting geometry for laid back shock's........

My father is helping me with the project - he used to race a Greeves MDS in the late 60's. a bike that I now race today with the Pre 65 club. I paid him a visit over the weekend to check on progress and he had just got back from the polishers the rear wheel hub, brake plate, Chain case and the crank cases.....and they look superb!!. Note they have been polished and not plated.

If anyone wants to know details of the company who did them - send me a PM and I will forward on
    The Barrel and head are going to get cut down fins and then we will start the engine rebuild in earnest.
    Cheers Kim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kim275; 07/11/2011, 02:36 PM.

Hi kim, how much of the bike have you got? or are you trying to build a complete bike from sourced parts?, it certainly sounds like you are now well under way.
    I`ll be looking forward to seeing this one come together, hope you are going to post more pics as & when you can.
    Good luck, dave.

Comment

Hi Kim,

All looks very shiny!
      I hope it won't be too shiny to ride!!!

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

I suspect that Kim's intention is to dazzle the opposition.........???

Comment

Polished performances coming up

Thanks guys for support and feedback...........This bike will certainly be raced very hard indeed.......so won't stay shiny for long !!

Will post new pictures on the project as I make progress
          Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
          X