No announcement yet.

Excited from Thundersley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A John Suggests probably absent 'Acts like a tuning fork.
    I have two filler plugs. One without, lives on the bike. One with dipstick in the toolbox.

Comment

1960 Manual, maybe of some help.

Comment

Superb! Thanks mate.

I’ve got a Villiers maintenance manual now so with this one too I might stand a bit more of a chance.

I still wish Haynes had done a Greeves book though…

Jon

Comment

Nice one!! Guess that's you sorted, then Jon ........... for now, anyway? Any other questions, please still feel free to ask, as suggested.

John R

Comment

Me? Sorted? You don't know me very well

I'll be haunting you like a confused ghost John.

Jon

Comment

Take apart, fit new crank seals, save hours of b******** about trying to get it to run properly. Very simple engine even I can do it!

Comment

She lives, she breathes…

View, organize, and share photos and videos with iCloud Photos on the web. Changes will sync across your devices with iCloud.

Comment

Congratulations, that man!

Comment

Fantastic.
                    Great work. If starting from cold, Let it warm up a bit at idle.
                    But if like me, a test run first then Video on second run.

whitehillbilly

Comment

I have just joined a local Car club Aus.
                      Burringbah Bangers.
                      Going to convert my TCS back to road use and put it on Historic plates. Including a old Honda I have and my 80inch Land Rover
                      60 days a year out and about, 60 days of club runs, per vehicle.
                      Log book to fill in, But 30 quid a year for membership, insurance and registration. MOT extra but about 15 quid per vehicle.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Originally posted by Jon K View Post
                        Nothing wrong with that, does not need new seals. Get it taxed and insured and ride it.

Comment

Well I took her for a spin this morning. I think it’s what people might describe as a visceral experience Scared the hell out of some cows, even though I tried to ease past them as quietly as possible. I imagine sitting astride a machine gun might feel similar.

Things I noticed - perhaps you could tell me if these are normal:

The gears are weird, mostly because the changer is so far away from the peg. I’ve ordered a heel and toe changer to replace it with, the heel part of which should hopefully be somewhere near my foot, but the toe bit might help if it needs more persuasion. Only four gears, and anything less that top she’s screaming. I thought my 40yr old airhead with over 100k miles behind her had clunky gears, this Greeves has shown me what clunky really is.

I think I need to adjust the clutch, the slightest touch on lever begins to engage it. Looks simple enough to do.

She does not want to tick over, just cuts out. I can try speeding up the tickover a tad and see if that helps. Again, looks easy enough to do.

But the biggest thing I noticed was the stupid flippin grin on my face the whole time. Absolutely loved it!

I’ve joined the club now, so you’re stuck with me.

Jon

Comment

Welcome to the Club, Jon. Well and truly hooked by the sound of it .............. like the rest of us?

Grin is "normal", by the way!

PS Now that you're a Member, get Ian to upgrade you from Basic User on here ...........
                            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 19/06/2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon K View Post

She does not want to tick over, just cuts out. I can try speeding up the tickover a tad and see if that helps. Again, looks easy enough to do.

Jon
                              Trials bikes are not supposed to have a tick over, and there is not an idle screw on the carb, only a mixture screw.

Comment

'The changer is so far away from the peg'
                                The last thing a trial rider wants is knocking It out of a gear in a section.
                                I fitted a carby with a Throttle stop screw.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Working...
                                X