Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member 1960 Scottish 24TDS

Hello to you all.
    Acquired a Greeves Scottish 24TDS a short while back but now have the time to start find a little more about the bike. Frame number is 61/1575 but parts of the bike do not look like other similar models I have seen in photos. I do not necessarily want to make it a nut and bolt restoration but more into something safe and usable on the road with a little green laneing. Currently has a 9E (so I'm told) but no engine numbers. The exhaust that came with it hits the front mudguard stay, for which there is only one mounting lug on the forks. Looks like there should be two and some work has been started to weld another on; so either the stay or mudguard are wrong (or both). The seat that came with it is wrong but the seat mounting arrangement looks different to other 24TDS models; what seat would fit now or what modification is required. The brakes are both cable; the rear looks modified from the original rod system because there is no solid fixed foot rest assembly. I would appreciate any advice of what the bike would have been like, original drawings and specifications would be great.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Few more photos of rear cable brakes. Front looks original.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Welcome to the GRA Terry. I am sure wiser men than me will also respond but I have a 62 model (made Sept 61) TD that has not been unduly messed about and if I can help with any pictures of relevant areas of the bike let me know. It looks to me that a seat mounting bracket has been cut off and the silencer looks like the earlier version.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Looks like you have sold the bike then Terry! Now on eBay in Gourock, Scotland for ?2499 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126194782766?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X