Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a new member of the GRA. I live in Chichester West Sussex and have a few other bikes, A Golden Jublilee Bonneville, a 1960 Triumph T100A and an old BMW. I was fortunate enough to find a 1961 Greeves Sportster at the back of a garage after the owner died. I bought it as a semi derelict and I have been able to rebuild it so far, through the lockdown, but I'm a bit stuck now. I don't seem able to find two Exhaust nuts (Greeves Services won't sell me them) and I am confused about the spacers that I believe should be on the front engine mounts to the frame. I will sort the engine mounting problem from factory drawings but does anyone know where I can obtain two exhaust nuts.

Have you tried Villiers Services, Andy?

Comment

Will try Villiers thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Relf View Post
        I am a new member of the GRA. I live in Chichester West Sussex and have a few other bikes, A Golden Jublilee Bonneville, a 1960 Triumph T100A and an old BMW. I was fortunate enough to find a 1961 Greeves Sportster at the back of a garage after the owner died. I bought it as a semi derelict and I have been able to rebuild it so far, through the lockdown, but I'm a bit stuck now. I don't seem able to find two Exhaust nuts (Greeves Services won't sell me them) and I am confused about the spacers that I believe should be on the front engine mounts to the frame. I will sort the engine mounting problem from factory drawings but does anyone know where I can obtain two exhaust nuts.
        There are two nuts on eBay at present https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-...QAAOSwQBtgJUer problem is they are being auctioned with 9 days to go rather than fixed price. Worth watching though. If not try Villiers Services they dont list new ones but would almost certainly have second hand ones. Any chance of your frame number for Survivors Records please.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/02/2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I made an offer on the two nuts on e bay but for some reason they were withdrawn. Villiers services have the nuts but they won't sell them to me. They have a limited stock and reserving them for people who have an engine rebuild. I obviously didn't spend enough money. Frame 61/2948 Engine 221D9224.

Comment

What size are your nuts, Andy? And are you particular about cosmetic condition? I might have one (or even two?) knocking about in the shed ............... from off of a single-cylinder.

Comment

Many thanks Andy for frame/eng No, it was on list you had given it me previous on FB, . Re the nuts you could ask on the Francis Barnett club forum https://fboc.forumotion.com/ (no need to join club), just register with a name and password) nice bunce of lads on there and also John Harding he sells parts including Villiers parts. FB fitted the 2T engine to the Cruiser. Johns email address is johnharding197@live.co.uk (John R) I think the ones on singles are larger, the twin has smaller dia pipes)
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/02/2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Andy. The following advert was placed in the British 2 Stroke Clubs Mag (Nov December) there might be some exhaust nuts
                Most of dismantled 2T twin engine/gearbox just about every part needs work, some parts duplicated. £65 01293 410976 Peter, near Gatwick

Comment

Thanks. I have tried John Harding but he can't help and will follow up the 2 Stroke club lead now

Comment

John Thanks for the lead to Peter nr Gatwick. It is possible that he may have the exhaust nuts I need. He has to look in his garage.

Comment

Thankyou to everyone, I now have two used exhaust nuts courtesy of Paul at Cotton Villiers. Problem solved

Comment

Working...
                      X