No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks,

I'm a new member of the GRA and why it's taken so long is a bit of a tale...

My Dad, his brother and friends used to ride trials and scrambles (mainly trials) in North Yorkshire through the Fifties and subsequently my Dad started collecting Greeves trials bikes about 30 years ago. Between us we now have four complete bikes (pictures attached) numerous crates and containers of parts. I recently retired and promised my Dad that we'd commit the time to restoring them one-by-one and the first project is underway.

We'll no doubt be asking for help on here in the coming months and years and we'll look forward to hopefully catching up with some of you at events in the future (when allowed!).

In the meantime, all the best to you all.

Tom
    Attached Files

Welcome aboard Tom. Some very nice looking bikes there
    Last edited by Liam Robinson; 11/11/2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome Tom, speaking on behalf of the GRA Committee , great to have you in the fold lets hope next year will be a good turning point for everyone , Regards Richard Faggetter (Dicky)

Comment

Hello Tom, thanks for making yourself known. Glad that you are planning to return some Greeves to something of their former glory. Joining the GRA is a very sensible move.

There is plenty of help on the forum, plus we will assist you in registering your bikes with DVLA should that be needed.

I am the GRA machine authentication officer and am your point of contact for this. You can make contact with me by email: colinsparrow@btinternet.com.

Unfortunately the service is suspended at the moment because of the Covid crisis - we have to inspect the bikes and we can't do that in the present circumstances.

Good luck with your rebuilds or restorations; hope you've got deep pockets!

Colin Sparrow
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks all who replied, its great to know there’s whelp out there. My Dad and I are currently working through the boxes of spares he’s had “in storage” for some years so that we know what we’ve got!

The first bike is also stripped down now and we’re working on identifiying what’s useable and what needs to be replaced - great fun so far!

I’ll no doubt be in touch with questions and possibly requests for assistance too.

Thanks again
          Tom

Comment

Hello again folks,

Can anyone guide me to where I can get my profile status updated to GRA Member as i can't access all of the hyperlinks on some posts - which i assume is because I'm still listed as a Basic User.

Thanks
            Tom

Comment

Hi Tom. If you send a PM to Ian (Ian Thornton) he will upgrade you.

Ian C.

Comment

Hi Tom, Ian has now upgraded your membership status.
                Best regards
                AndyB
                Membership Secretary

Comment

Thanks Gents, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X