Greeves Scottish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish

Hi folks, just joined the GRA having recently acquired a Greeves Scottish trials bike.
    Last owned a Griffin 40+ years ago but have owned/ridden many other bikes since over the years.
    Can anyone help me with trying to get hold of a workshop manual for the 1959 model year Scottish? A Photo Copy or PDF would be great as I doubt there are any hard backs out there.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nick

Greeves did not produce a workshop manual for your bike although the engine is covered in a separate manual available from Villiers Services https://villiersservices.co.uk/index...roducts_id=614. The GRA do re print Service notes and Parts list for most models. What is your frame number to establish the actual model?

Comment

Thanks for the quick response John.
      I'm on a wet and windy campsite in Devon at the moment, will get back to you with a frame number next week.
      I'm also living in Cambridgeshire near Ely so we're practically neighbours.
      Thanks
      Nick

Comment

Afternoon John,
        Back from a mixed trip to Devon.
        Ref our earlier chat, the frame number for my Scottish is 59/1231 and the engine number is 625B4788 type 9E. I would really appreciate any info you can provide on the above.
        I do also have an early MOT Test Cert dated 28/1/1965 with a registration mark of 955 JPA.
        Would this still apply to my bike or do I have to re-apply to dvla as I would like to find out a bit more history on it.
        It's my intention to enter classic pre 65 trials events in my area, as you're in Cambridge are there any particular clubs you would recommend?
        Best wishes and thanks for your help.
        Nick

Comment

Nick Your bike is a 20TA this is the listing I have for it on survivors list. As for local Cambs clubs, Dabbers would be your best bet, http://www.dabberstrialsclub.co.uk/ You will need to apply to DVLA for a V5c
          59/1231 955JPA 1959 UK Norwich Bruce ? 625B4788 eBay 8/19 £4650 panted black, No V5c reg No 955JPA expired original. supplied by Comerfords, on Gumtree again 4/20 £3700 & eBay 5/20 A
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/08/2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for this information on my bike John and the local club details.
            I've sent for the engine manaul from Villiers you advised on but its a pity there is no work shop manual for the complete bike mechanics.
            Regards
            Nick

Comment

Working...
            X