Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks, just joined. I have a sickly Anglian. Now the point of interest. Reg DOO96B.

Very interesting indeed. An ISDT Greeves.

Comment

Thanks for coming on Alan this is previous recorded, until recently owner unknown last taxed 7/84 last V5c issued 28/9/12 ridden by Bryan Sharp & Don Hitchcock There are a previous threads on this bike https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...here-is-it-now and https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...lenger-doo-96b
      Not an Anglian but as Phil says an ex works ISDT bike. Seems (from the comments) that the one in pics one is not actual bike The real one should have frame number 24IN165, hopefully the one you have Alan is the genuine one. It should look like DOO93B based on a Challenger (Pic of DOO93B attached)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/07/2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

OK not the actual bike. But I have the registration, from buff to current lot book and all the ones inbetween and some MOTs. I have won it since 1977.

Comment

Intresting!! Any chance of a pic Alan, I have PM'd you so if you send me pic/s by email I can post them here for you, As a 'Basic User' you cant post pics yourself, if you are a GRA member you need Ian to upgrade you. I assume the 'won' is a typo and that you have 'owned' it since1977

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think he's saying he only has the paperwork for DOO96B, not the actual bike. "Won" implies that he bought them on Ebay. Wake up!
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              I may be wrong, but I think he's saying he only has the paperwork for DOO96B, not the actual bike. "Won" implies that he bought them on Ebay. Wake up!
              Dont think eBay was about in 1977 Colin. The way I read it is that he has a bike with 24IN165 frame number. along with paperwork but it does not look like the one pictured (DOO93B)

Comment

Helps if you say where you are, I have a '68 ISDT bike, always happy to compare bikes. Peter.

Comment

I haven't seen in any of the posts Alan claiming his machine has 24IN165 frame number. I am sure he will come back and clarify, but it seems he has an Anglian with DOO96B registration; but the frame number...??

Ian C

Comment

Where have you gone Alan!

Comment

Just revisiting this thread as some more info has come to light ie the attached post on Greeves Enthusiasts FB page by Karen Ashwell. Looks like her late husband Egor Ashwell owned DOO96B at one time before passing it onto a Maurice Hunt, so I wonder if he still has the bike, odd that Alan Scott has only the paperwork! I note that DVLA web site now shows last V5c issued 9/6/22 so something is going on! Maurice Hunt was/is a GRA member.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/02/2024, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, but which one did Igor Ashwell have? It would suggest he had 24IN165, as Alan Scott said quite clearly he has the bike (check his first post in this thread) and the paperwork, whilst acknowledging that his frame number is not 24IN165. The mystery in the plot appears to go back to at least 1977, which is when Alan acquired it. I wonder why Karen is asking about it now? More questions than answers....

Comment

In his first post Alan says he has an Anglian and just refers to DOO96B as 'a point of interest' he does not actually mention frame number or says he has the bike , later he says "OK not the actual bike. But I have the registration, from buff to current log book and all the ones in between and some MOTs. I have won it since 1977." I take that as just paperwork as any other bike is irrelevant if its not 24IN165 (DOO96B) We do know that Igor Ashwell was well known for re stamping frames to fit the documents. It would be good to know what actual bike Alan has but for some reason never posted again. I suspect its the bike pictured below, and discussed in this thread. https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...here-is-it-now and https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...lenger-doo-96b
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/02/2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I interpret his first post as saying he has a sickly Anglian..... reg. DOO96B. He refers to it is a point of interest, as he knows the reg. is significant. It seems unlikely that he introduced 2 entirely different topics in the same, short post. He was testing the water to guage the response, imo, knowing it might be a bit iffy. That is how I read it, but of course, when people make posts without using proper grammar, they can be open to misinterpretation.

Interestingly, the DVLA record you posted of it says it was first registered in 1979, yet Alan refers back to 1977. It was of course a Challenger, not an Anglian.

I agree with your other points. Alan Scott needs to come back on here with more info!

Comment

I have just checked the MoT History of DOO96B and its showing as an 'Anglian' (so does look like its the Anglian that Alan refers to). So 2 bikes with DOO96B number plates!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/02/2024, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X