No announcement yet.

Incorrect stamp ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Villiers Services sell blank engine plates . Not so certain if they will stamp the number.

Comment

Just to add yes Villiers Services will stamp the number (if Phil gives it to you) but unless you are bothered about originality (apparently not as you plan to fit banana forks) you dont need the original number for registration at DVLA, just declare the number you have, Its probably been in the bike for a good part of its life so part of its history,and many got changed anyway, Its the right type for the bike.

Comment

Thanks for all your help john .... I contacted gavin to see if the frame had been registered it came back as not registered
        so I'm about to send the greeves membership form off so hopefully I can get some more details
        once again many thanks for your help ..

Comment

Looks like its never been taken onto DVLA ie only had the old RF60 logbook. Once you have joined the GRA you can get a dating letter to get it registered on an age related number, Colin Sparrow is your contact for that.

Comment

John.... once again thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              Here is the pics from FB (as Basic member you cant post pics) Looks OK to me, no doubt Colin S the club authentication officer will be along to give his opinion.
              The second photo which shows the actual stamping on the left side of the headstock looks to me like a pukka factory stamping. Goodness knows what the first one is! If you need to register it, the easiest way would be to settle for an age-related number, but if you have any contemporary evidence documents you could have a go at recovering an original number. Either way you will need my help. However the authentication service is currently suspended because of Covid19, so I can't progress anything at the moment.

Colin Sparrow, GRA Machine Authentication Officer
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post

The second photo which shows the actual stamping on the left side of the headstock looks to me like a pukka factory stamping. Goodness knows what the first one is! If you need to register it, the easiest way would be to settle for an age-related number, but if you have any contemporary evidence documents you could have a go at recovering an original number. Either way you will need my help. However the authentication service is currently suspended because of Covid19, so I can't progress anything at the moment.

Colin thank you for your advice ..
                an age related plate would be fine by me
                I've popped my application in the post so hopefully once we are all back to normal ....
                We can start the process
                regards Dean .

Comment

And the bananas will be removed

Comment

Complete originality is not a requirement for authentication. Bikes just to be genuinely mostly of Greeves manufacture and complete. If you like the bananas leave them be. My TFS has bananas and is all the better for them in my view.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin.. I really like the bananas would it not make the bike ride a bit off due to the different rake /Angle etc
                      regards dean

Comment

Try them and see. You could always change them if you don't feel comfortable with them, but they won't spit you off.
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Try them and see. You could always change them if you don't feel comfortable with them, but they won't spit you off.
                          Will do ... and once again many thanks

Comment

Hi Colin im a signed up member now so when things go back to some normality ill need your help ... Best regards

Comment

Once Covid allows us to get the service going again I will need to write to you to get things moving. If you let me have your name and address by email to: colinsparrow@btinternet.com I'll put you with the others I have patiently waiting. When you email me please also quote your username "Deano".
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
                                Frame number is authentic. Engine type (863B) is correct, but wrong number for that frame. Easily corrected.
                                Phil would you have the correct number regards Dean

Comment

Working...
                                X