Incorrect stamp ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect stamp ???

Hello everybody there is a number stamped into my headstock that reads 59 / 1632
    the photo is on fb please can I have a bit of feedback on it... many many thanks ....
    Last edited by Deano; 21/06/2020, 09:53 PM.

That should have read please look .....

Comment

Here is the pics from FB (as Basic member you cant post pics) Looks OK to me, no doubt Colin S the club authentication officer will be along to give his opinion.
      Attached Files

Comment

John thank you for your help

Comment

Have you got the bike road registered on a V5c?

Comment

No john I've inherited the bike from my wife's uncle he had it quite a few years I have a parts receipt from 1980
            I'm going to get it going and reg it for green lanes and a few trials I've put more pics up

Comment

OK if you have no documents you could try a chap on FB Gavin Heward https://www.facebook.com/gavin.heward.9 He has access to a database whereby he can get reg number from frame number if its on the DVLA computor. If its successful he charges £15 but if negative nothing, so worth a try. One member has just got the number from him for his bike and is well pleased. If you can get the reg number then you can claim it back on a V62 form, https://assets.publishing.service.go...or-vehicle.pdf
              otherwise you will need to go through the procedure to get it re registered.

Have put up other pics (engine number looks correct for the bike, may be original.)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

The banana forks are wrong for the bike, a 24TAS, they should be the rubber bushed forks.

Comment

Ok but I really like the front forks it has

Comment

Originally posted by Deano View Post
                    Ok but I really like the front forks it has
                    Maybe but I dont think the angle is correct (top yoke is offset fowards giving a steeper angle), it may handle like a pig. Should be easy to swap for correct ones.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

Maybe but I dont think the angle is correct (top yoke is offset fowards giving a steeper angle), it may handle like a pig. Should be easy to swap for correct ones.
                      If that's the case ... I'll revert back to spec can you point me in the direction of someone that may know for definite ps thank you

Comment

These threads may help https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-fork-geometry https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...scottish-forks but I am sure some other members will join in. It looks like your bike should have a straight yoke, but that would be applicable to the rubber forks, not sure about the bananas, From Robs post in second thread it looks as though the top yoke straight on the 24TA trials bike, but with the rubber forks.
                        Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you .

Comment

Frame number is authentic. Engine type (863B) is correct, but wrong number for that frame. Easily corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
                              Frame number is authentic. Engine type (863B) is correct, but wrong number for that frame. Easily corrected.
                              Thank you phil ..... might be obvious to some but how do I correct it regards

Comment

Working...
                              X