No announcement yet.

Griffon 250 assistance please .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon 250 assistance please .........

Hi everybody, am a new member with a 250 Griffon and will hopefully have it running in the next local twin shock event in Derbyshire.
    Am struggling to find the frame number as I would like to identify the year .
    This bike has had the frame chrome plated in the distant past and I wondered if this could have obscured the number ?
    Secondly ,the swinging arms have been modified in a way that allows the rear shock lower mounts to be positioned in at least three or four positions, was this a period mod ?

Thanks in advance.
    Mike

The frame number will be on a plate riveted on steering head (see attached pic) looks like this was removed when frame was plated and not put back. If its missing there is no other way of finding it unless the bike had been road registered at some point and has a registration number
    Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps the engine number may give a clue if it is original

Comment

Booyce

pm me the engine number if you have it. I may be able to help.

regards

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, does not want to let me pm you.....
          Engine number looks like GPF 1/615/K if it helps .
          Had it running this afternoon, sounds sharp.
          Only had it a week.
          Thanks for everybodys help.
          Mike

Comment

Mike

please email me on triumpgreeves65@yahoo.co.uk

I may have some information

kind regards

phil

Comment

According to the factory records for Model 60 250 Griffons sold in the UK, the GPF1 engine was fitted from August 1969 until May 1970.

I can't see your engine in that record, but many Griffons were exported and the record of exported Greeves no longer exists, so it may have been one of those.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                According to the factory records for Model 60 250 Griffons sold in the UK, the GPF1 engine was fitted from August 1969 until May 1970.

I can't see your engine in that record, but many Griffons were exported and the record of exported Greeves no longer exists, so it may have been one of those.
                The GPF1 engine was also fitted to the model 56 (1969) there are a number of these on the survivors list, the highest number being GPF1 479.

Comment

Working...
                X