Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Cumbria

Thanking you for letting me join.

I owned a Greeves Scottish back in the 70's when I was a teenager. It was a bit of a field bike, wrong back wheel, make shift exhaust and a 31C engine, but it was fun. Sold it for £50.00 and have been kicking myself ever since. May be one day I will get another and this time keep it.

Welcome to the GRA forum, Julian, and to your reawakened interest in Greeves. Our Essex-built bikes certainly qualify as affordable classics, although you won't get one for fifty quid these days! There were many different models in the Greeves range over the years, so you need to figure out what exactly you want to use it for. Plenty of advice, (most of it useful), on here.

Depending on what model you fancy, two to three thousand is a sensible budget for something decent. If you see something on eBay, say, you can seek advice on here before committing yourself. It's always a good plan to know what you're buying - and that's partly what owner's clubs are for, isn't it? Why not join us? Details can be found on the main GRA website.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      Welcome to the GRA forum, Julian, and to your reawakened interest in Greeves.... Why not join us? Details can be found on the main GRA website.
      There's even a handy link to the GRA Membership page at the top of this page!

Comment

So there is. Silly me!
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X