New Member 25DB - Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member 25DB - Hampshire

I have just Purchased a "nearly" complete 25DB and am currently in the process of total strip down ready for a complete rebuild, I "may" need some advice !!!
    Peter
    New Milton
    Hants

Can you tell us the frame number Peter I will see if its on the survivors list and if it is if it has any interesting history. I see you are not far from Sammy Miller so he may be able to help out if you need parts help etc. Cheers John

Comment

John
      You are correct Sammy Miller is about 500 Mtrs from my home, he is not the easiest or friendliest person to deal with though !!
      My 25DB is Chassis number 60/3646 Engine No 950A8570 is was originally Reg URC93 but that is now on a Rolls Royce so at present is has no Number and although I have the Original Invoice from when it was purchased I unfortunately have no Log Book but I am sure the DVLA will be as helpful as ever !!
      Regards

Comment

Peter the bike is on survivors list as follows
        Charterhouse Auction 3/2/18 Shepton Mallet part restored sold for £763 to Villiers Services 3/18, original reg URC93 now on Rolls Royce. So you will need to contact DVLA with frame number to see what the replacement number was.
        See this thread when it was in Charterhouse auction https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...7-a8710119f2f8
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/06/2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Just to correct you john
          the bike never went straight to villiers it passed though a dealer first who would of added his cut
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by garybam4711 View Post
            Just to correct you john
            the bike never went straight to villiers it passed though a dealer first who would of added his cut
            Gary
            Thanks Gary for update, I thought it odd that there was a gap of 1 month between the auction and VS.

Comment

Originally posted by garybam4711 View Post
              Just to correct you john
              Gary
              ....just long enough for the dealer to flog off the number, no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post

....just long enough for the dealer to flog off the number, no doubt
                Ian I think number was sold of long before the dealer bought it from the Charterhouse auction, as it was already on on the Roller in October 2015. The bike would have needed to be roadworthy and with an MoT to get the number off. It was in pieces in 2018.

Comment

Interesting reading, so it has been in pieces for quite some time, I am guessing that if the Number was sold in about 2015 the DVLA would have issued a new number for it ?? or is that not the case

Comment

Also I notice from the Saleroom Photo that when sold the Engine / Gearbox were also in pieces the only difference from when I bought it from VS is that the engine is now complete although is has been assembled without a single gasket anywhere, most strange !!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSears View Post
                      Interesting reading, so it has been in pieces for quite some time, I am guessing that if the Number was sold in about 2015 the DVLA would have issued a new number for it ?? or is that not the case
                      Yes a replacement number would have been issued, an 'age related' Scottish or London mark. Not sure if you can obtain that from DVLA, but worth a try, they may be able to trace it from the frame number.

Comment

Thanks John I will give them a try, but at present if very difficult to get any kind of service from them, I have been waiting 11 weeks for them to issue me a registration for my last project
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSears View Post
                          Thanks John I will give them a try, but at present if very difficult to get any kind of service from them, I have been waiting 11 weeks for them to issue me a registration for my last project
                          Peter
                          Might be better to officially apply for the V5c using the V62 form https://assets.publishing.service.go...ertificate.pdf Obviously you will not be able to fill in the reg number and you will need to pay £25. BUT you will get the money refunded if application is unsuccessful. Put in a covering letter stating the the original number was URC93 and that had been transferred to another vehicle.
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/06/2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X