Jimbod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimbod

Hi all, I have just joined as I am in the process (appears to be a long one!!!) of building a 25DB Sports Twin road bike from a frame and a few boxes of parts.I live in Southampton not far from Mike Norris who is a really helpful enthusiast.My frame is powder coated and I am having the rest of the tin ware done as I collect the rest of the parts that are missing. Hubs are done and I have rebuilt the wheels with stainless rims and spokes.Engine is a 2T and is nearly rebuilt but I keep finding the odd small parts that I need which is slowing the job down,thank goodness for Villiers Services.
    Now an appeal for help,would anybody know where I might be able to get a headlamp nacelle ,this is the tinware that fits onto the fork cover and held on with 4 small bolts,the headlamp bowl and rim then fits into this part.
    Anybody know if I will need to get it made,and ideas of where?
    Any help really appreciated.
    Jimbod
    Last edited by Jimbo; 27/02/2020, 09:46 AM. Reason: Thanks for the correction Colin my bike is a Sports Twin not a Sportsman

The 25DB is actually a 1959-1961 Sports Twin. The Sportsman is the colourful 1962-1963 25DCX.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 26/02/2020, 03:45 PM.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Villiers services do most of the tin work apart from tool box

Comment

Thanks for your responses,I have bought a head lamp shell from V.S. so much obliged for your reply Gary.

Comment

Your welcome I look forward to seeing your progress
          Gary

Comment

Working...
          X