New Scottish owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scottish owner

Hello and thank-you for this forum. I have recently purchased a Greeves Scottish, Frame # 61/1523 Engine # B63B 1768 Reg # WAS 872. Any information related to this bike would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Looks like you may have a 24TDS model Scottish with original frame from 1961, and with an engine number recorded for a 1960 24TCS (actual engine number prefix should read 863B). Source of information is Roy Bacon's book Villiers Singles and Twins.
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 11/02/2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Its a 1961 24TDS

Comment

Thank you for the info. Yes, the Engine number does read 863B. How do I go about getting the history on the registration? The Scottish is now French registered so I do not know my way around the UK system.

Comment

I assume you are in the UK (or are you in France (you have not filled that in on your profile)
          It is on the DVLA computor as WAS872 so IF IN UK all you need to do is fill in form V62 (Application for a V5c) with the fee of £25. to get a V5c in your name The DVLA will not give you previous owners names, but if you join the GRA you can get details of which dealer the bike was dispatched to. As there is no Export marker (the bike has never been officially exported) you do not need to mention the French registration if applying for a UK V5c

✗ Untaxed

Tax due: 1 January 2004
          MOT No results returnedI
          !WarningIf you’ve just bought this vehicle the tax or SORN doesn’t come with it. You’ll need to tax it before driving it.

Vehicle Details

Vehicle makeGREEVES 24TDS
          Date of first registration January 1961
          Year of manufacture 1961
          Cylinder capacity 246 cc
          CO₂ emissions Not available
          Fuel type PETROL
          Euro status Not available
          Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
          Export marker No
          Vehicle status Untaxed
          Vehicle colour BLUE
          Vehicle type approval Not available
          Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
          Revenue weight Not available
          Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 17 November 2003
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/02/2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

John, Thank you very much for this information. The Greeves and I both reside in France. The bike is registered here. I would be very interested to learn where the bike was first dispatched. I thought I was a member of the GRA as an application with fees was sent and confirmation received back in the post. Is there something I am missing. Regards Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Paintnpolish View Post
              John, Thank you very much for this information. The Greeves and I both reside in France. The bike is registered here. I would be very interested to learn where the bike was first dispatched. I thought I was a member of the GRA as an application with fees was sent and confirmation received back in the post. Is there something I am missing. Regards Doug
              As for the dispatch record and dealer of your bike, as a member you can get this from the clubs dispatch records, you need to contact Colin Sparrow or Pete Smith. You also need upgrading on the forum to a full member, so you can access members areas, not sure who is doing this now since Rob Thornton recently died, hopefully one of the committee will pick up on this upgrade you.

Comment

Thanks for your assistance John.

Comment

Originally posted by Paintnpolish View Post
                  Hi Doug,
                  Sometimes it's difficult to identify new members of the GRA on here because you don't need to give many personal details in order to get onto the forum as a basic member. That's why you need to request your upgrade via an email from the email address that you put on your membership application.
                  I don't currently have access to the system to do it, but I'm sure that Ian Thornton will upgrade you once we have ascertained exactly who you are!
                  Best regards
                  --
                  AndyB
                  Membership Secretary

Comment

Some good points there Andy, I would like to add that it would help if members and basic members used their real name on the forum, & filled in there nearest hoime town (or at least country) on their profile, after all we are supposed to be all mates together, and on Facebook you have to use your real name. This info helps when help is required regarding spares etc.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/03/2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

John I have filled in details, added photo and will endeavor to use my real name when communicating. Thank you and whoever else was responsible for the forum membership upgrade.Cheers, Doug

Comment

Cheers Doug, As you are living outside the UK, the DVLA details of the bike are purely academic and historical. But should the bike ever come back to these shores then a V5c registration document could be obtained.

Comment

Working...
                        X