Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I have just recently bought a Greeves greenlaner and hoped someone could help identify it.The frame no is 59/2436 and the engine no is 428B 13372.
    As you can see it has been modified from a road going Greeves and was registered in 1962.Any help-would be appreciated,sorry I cannot see how to attach a photo.

Hi David,
    You need to be upgraded on the forum to 'member' status in order to post pictures.
    Hopefully Rob will do that for you when he sees this request.
    Best regards
    AndyB
    (Membership Secretary)

Comment

Your bike is a 24DB roadster here is the info i have on it is
      Colin Thorpe Gt Eversden ; Andrew Down St Ives -/04; Dick Dunkley Gt Shelford; Peter Gibson, Stapleford (2T engine), Wendon Classics; Dave Walter Saffron Walden made into chopper; sold eBay 12/15; eBay 12/19 Steve Atkin dealer Durham
      I think the engine no is 428B/3372 (ie a slash rather than a 1) the No 428B is not shown on the Villiers engine listing in the book by Rob Carrick Villiers - Everybodies engine
      I have registration number as TSV846 (an age related)
      Pic is when it was for sale with dealer Steve Atkin
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/01/2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thankyou very much for that it is a great help.My other bikes are a semi trials Bantam which I use for long distance trial ssuch as the Beamish and a 350 trials Enfield which I potter about on ,I am getting to old to lug heavy bikes out of mud.The Greeves was bought on a whim but I am sure it will be fun.
        Thanks again David

Comment

David Thanks for your email correcting engine No as 428D13372 (Not B) This is a 2T from a James Superswift. Originally the bike would have had a 32A 250cc single

Comment

Current pic supplied by David
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X