Good Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon

I have a Scottish, its been with me since 1979, the frame number is 59/1223. how would i be able to find out any info on the bike from the frame number please?

The GRA has the factory UK dispatch records. We can find the original engine type and number, the date it left the factory and which dealer it went to. What we can't normally discover is the original registration number because the dealers usually registered them, not the factory.

We can look bikes up but we need evidence that the enquirer is genuinely the owner of the bike in question and we make a charge - which is lower for GRA members.

I'm the contact for that and also for authentication certificates to support applications to DVLA to register a Greeves.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Gary, Your bike is a 20TA would have had a 197cc 9E engine, looking on Greeves FB I see the reg number is TCJ404 (Hertfordshire mark) its on the DVLA as last tax expired June 1981, so if you have not got a V5c you can apply for one on form V62 and £25. I assume you are in the UK but you dont say on your profile. You cant as a basic member post a pic but I can put it up for you if you send a pic to jwakefield63@yahoo.co.uk The one on FB is a bit small but it looks to have an Anglian sq barrel & head, so now 246cc
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 17/05/2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gents for the info. I have the log book, the bike has been mine since 14 with the reg number you state above. When i bought the bike, from an elderly gentleman from Canterbury in Kent, he explained the bike had a competition barrel and head. I had the bike moted in the late eighties and rode it to work. It was quick away from the lights against other bigger bikes. I plan to get her running again this year. As she has been stored for a while. I am in the uk in Kent.

Comment

How do i become more than a basic member please? I joined GRA at Stafford last October.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Gary hughes View Post
            How do i become more than a basic member please? I joined GRA at Stafford last October.
            Email moderator Rob Thornton rob.thornton@btinternet.com
            and ask him to upgrade you to full Forum member

Comment

This is now done Gary, as per my mail.

Comment

Many thanks Rob

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Greeves.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	75894

Comment

This is the beast! completely untouched since i purchased it, I rode this in the days of 'Kickstart' it took me in and out of Skips on regular occasions! It only let me down once, when the condenser failed, i took the old one to an auto electrician (way before the internet was thought of) and he matched it to a condenser from a Vauxhall Viva! i took it home and it worked perfectly.
                    It will be registered as an historic vehicle this year and i hope to get it running again soon, i have managed to find an original front mudguard bracket which will be fitted so the plastic mudguard can be replaced. The plastic one was on the bike when i purchased it back in 1979.

Comment

Working...
                    X