Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I have recently rescued a basket case from the back of my Fathers shed; the bike is a Scottish 24TES MK2 and was originally registered in Feb 1965.
    The bike was purchased by my father in the late 1970s & I have fond memories of it taking me for a ride when I was 11 . Ouch!
    My plan is to restore it this year for my Dad to somewhere near its former glory (it has had a few mods before purchase e.g. Tele forks) and I am sure I will be calling on the forum for some help.

Hi mate. Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find all the help and information you will need on here. Have you joined the club? Do you have a name and a location?

Ian

Comment

Welcome to the GRA Forum. As Ian says, all the help and advice you need is available on here or via the club. It would be worth joining the club and with the added advantage of being able to access all of the forum. Details and the application form can be found on the main website.

That sounds like a worthwhile project - nothing like a bike with a bit of family history, eh?

Does the bike have a current V5C? If not, we can help with that. Contact me on colinsparrow@btinternet.com in the first instance.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.
        i joined the GRA in March and have sent a request to update my status to Rob so I can access the whole forum thanks.
        I can’t wait to get stuck into the Greeves as I grew up tinkering with bikes - my first road bike was a Garelli moped !
        I live just North of Derby and currently riding an 899 Panigale.
        The bike hasn’t got the V5C just got the original change of ownership form and reg plates TPV 143 so I will definitely need some help there Colin thanks.
        cheers
        Steve

Comment

TPV is a 1964 Ipswich registration so probably supplied by Bickers of Ipswich. What is the frame number? I assume you have the old RF60 log book which will enable Colin to recover the number via the V765 scheme. Nice to have the original as TPV143 does not show up on DVLA web site as current.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/04/2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hi John, it would be great to have the original number if possible, the frame number is 457 and I have the original VE. 60 (1971revised) log book.

Comment

John's not wrong. It went to Bickers in Ipswich in January 1964.

We can only authenticate complete bikes, so you will need to get it built up before we start the authentication process. Email me when you're ready and we'll get the process going. No need to contact DVLA at this stage. Do tell us where you're located - just the county would do...
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks Colin.
                i am located near Derby.

Comment

Working...
                X