Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helppppppppppp

Hello Troops,
    Andy here. I'm no mechanic or off road fanatic, a road rider really. I bought a1968 250 Challenger some Years ago. It ran but the gearbox needed attention. I took it all apart and decided I'd bought a pup as the frame seemed bent. A chap at the Telford show told me that they were off set but by this time apathy had set in (and slothfulness). Last Year I had the engine and gearbox rebuilt by people who know what they're doing. I've joined up and would like some help get or at least where to find it, please.
    1. Frame colour as I want it repainted.
    2.A workshop manual as I took the chain case off and have a load of bits (clutch arm etc)
    3.Torque settings for the 'Head bolts' if the last item is unavailable
    4.Advice on finding my way around this site.
    Thank you for reading and if there's anyone in the Telford area: I wouldn't mind a hand (please)
    Andy

If you mean you are now a GRA member, the first thing to do is to email Rob Thornton to be upgraded from the Basic User status. That will give you access to the Members only bits on here. Colour: What is it and what do you want it to be in the future? Do you want a race bike, or a show queen that must be totally authentic? Advice sheets and exploded drawings are listed in the Leading Link. Head bolts, from memory 22 of your good old English Foot pounds, I seem to remember. No doubt I will be shouted down if wrong! Advice on the site.....don't ask me!!! .

Comment

In order to advise on frame colour we need to know the frame number. I imagine being as late as that it is probably an MX4, in which case the frame would be silver, but it could be an MX5 (or even an MX6) in which case the frame colour would be green.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin,
        Thank you for that. It's an MX4: MX4C176. Engine GPA5. 923. The carburettor is irreparable too. I need to know which mode to get.

Andy

Comment

Amal 930 Concentric. Villiers Services can supply them ready-jetted for the Greeves engine.

Sounds like you could do with my book "Greeves the Complete Story". Both answers are in there.Available on Amazon a tenner under RRP at present. Google it.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X