New forum member in denmark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum member in denmark.

After a lot of problems I´ve finally got a forum membership. (Everything comes to he who waits).
    I have at the moment four running Greeves bikes, two rolling chassis and a chassis with a box of bits.
    The four runners are: 2 x 24 TGS Anglians, one with trials sidecar a Challenger 24MX and a 24 MDS Hawkstone.
    The two chassis are both Challengers, one an American model and the last chassis with bits is also a Challenger.

The Hawkstone (24MDS324) is the latest addition. A sort of gift from Arne Nielsen Danish Greeves importer from the sixties. The bike has won several Danish championships and even an Italian championship in the sixties.
    I say a sort of gift bacause Arne phoned me one day and said he had decided that I should buy his Hawkstone scrambles bike. As the shock subsided he explained that I should only pay a symbolic amount which he set at £50. Not a bad price for a fully original and running Greeves.
    There were two conditions attatched to the buy:
    1. The bike should not be sold fo a quick profit.
    2. It has to be restored. Not really a big job though.

As far as I can see there does´nt seem to be written much about the 24 MDS model so if anybody has any information or pictues I would be glad to hear from them.
    I am also the proud owner of a trials James ML 125 from 1946 and a Dot Demon from 1963, one of two that were officially imported into Denmark also by Arne Nielsen.
    It turns out that the Hawkstone and the Dot raced against each other many times in the sixties. Arne Nielsen on Greeves and Preben Knudsen on the Dot.

Cheers Jeremy.
    Last edited by Jerry; 17/01/2013, 06:22 PM.
Working...
X