'Trailwise' (Green Lanes) Website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Trailwise' (Green Lanes) Website.

If anyone is looking for green lanes to ride, have a look at www.trailwise.org.uk

Using "Browse maps" you can view tracks within 3km radius of any chosen point and see their status as regards access.

Buzzer. (Copied here on behalf of Buzzer by BT -thanks for posting the link mate! Sorry it took a while...I missed it...! Brian.)

I've already bookmarked it!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

To get full access to that site you need to belong to an affiliated body. Hint hint

Comment

What do you mean Stormer?

Comment

I think he meant that I should join an affiliated club. Well I'm GRA, VMCC, REOC and Pre '65 MX, so do I qualify I wonder?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Trail riding

I would have thought the TRF http://www.trf.org.uk/ would be a more appropriate organisation to join.

Comment

I was hinting that if the GRA became affiliated, I would be able to find loads of green lanes to ride

Comment

I believe the idea is that members of affiliated clubs, eg. TRF, are given a password to gain full access to the facility. Without this, it is rather limited. I was a TRF member until there was a considerable hike in subs quite a few years ago. I appreciate they do a good job defending ROWs but I wasn't trail riding and I had to cut back on the number of clubs I belonged to.

John, you are right about the TRF but this is a ROW/search/mapping facility not an organisation, despite the name.

Comment

When I did Green Laneing we use OS maps!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                    When I did Green Laneing we use OS maps!!
                    I use maps as well but they keep ripping if I go faster than 5mph

Comment

When I green laned we used to buy a small map case with a clear plasict front and zip tie it to the handle bars, it then rests of the tank and you can check your map quickly when you stop at junctions, etc, but you do have to fold your map carefully to get the much, in the end we cut the maps up to fit in the case easier

Comment

Green Lanes in the Lake District

The link below is to the section of the Lake District National Park site called Green Road Driving which contains pdf lists of Byways Open to All Traffic (BOATs) and Unclassified County Roads (UCRs). Also available are pdf leaflets and detailed maps of Green Roads and codes of conduct. This information is useful should you be in the Lake District and looking to do some greenlaning.

The current status of the subject lanes is shown and there is also a list of routes that are now closed to propelled vehicular traffic.

Mark up your OS map with the coordinates provided and away you go.

Regards,

Tony Gee

Comment

Working...
                        X