Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Bar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Round Bar

    Does anyone know of a supplier of imperial size (5/16" & 5/8") round steel bar, ones that supply smaller quantities i.e 1metre lengths or smaller?
    grade en9 would be good as well

    Cheers
    Colin

  • #2
    steel stock

    Originally posted by cray View Post
    Does anyone know of a supplier of imperial size (5/16" & 5/8") round steel bar, ones that supply smaller quantities i.e 1metre lengths or smaller?
    grade en9 would be good as well

    Cheers
    Colin
    Colin as you live in Oxfordshire, try one of the firms listed here http://www.yell.com/s/steel+stockhol...fordshire.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Colin,
      Mallard Metal Packs of 53, Jasim Croft, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 5AX.
      can supply any type or form of metal in small quantities,
      E-Mail sales@mallardmetals.co.uk
      Phone 0121 624 0302
      Web www.mallardmetals.co.uk
      Ian

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Colin as you live in Oxfordshire, try one of the firms listed here http://www.yell.com/s/steel+stockhol...fordshire.html
        Hello John

        Thanks for your reply, I have tried those local to me and they either do not stock imperial sizes or only supply stock lengths of 3 metres.

        Cheers
        Colin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ian 2 stroke View Post
          Hi Colin,
          Mallard Metal Packs of 53, Jasim Croft, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 5AX.
          can supply any type or form of metal in small quantities,
          E-Mail sales@mallardmetals.co.uk
          Phone 0121 624 0302
          Web www.mallardmetals.co.uk
          Ian
          Hello Ian

          Thanks for this link it certainly looks promising and I will be contacting them tomorrow.

          Colin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cray View Post
            Hello John

            Thanks for your reply, I have tried those local to me and they either do not stock imperial sizes or only supply stock lengths of 3 metres.

            Cheers
            Colin
            Maybe cheaper to buy a 3M length locally than pay a premium rate & postage from Mallard. Are there no local engineering firms who would sell off cuts?
            If you ever come to Cambridge you could try Mackays on East Road Cambridge 01223 517000 an old established firm, they will cut to order.

            Comment


            • #7
              Round Bar

              Hello Cray

              I have purchases EN1A bar from College Engineering -www.collegengering.co.uk.

              They sell by the 12 inch length. 5/8 round is 2.70 plus VAT plus postage. They have a minimum order of 10.00.

              Regards,

              Ivor Pigram

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                Maybe cheaper to buy a 3M length locally than pay a premium rate & postage from Mallard. Are there no local engineering firms who would sell off cuts?
                If you ever come to Cambridge you could try Mackays on East Road Cambridge 01223 517000 an old established firm, they will cut to order.
                I did consider that but 3 firms I contacted all said they would have to buy in imperial sized bar, this then adds further costs.
                Living in Oxfordshire is like living in desert, trying to get small engineering supplies or work done is like hunting for an oasis.
                Your contact in Cambridge needs to be cherished.

                Cheers
                Colin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ivor Pigram View Post
                  Hello Cray

                  I have purchases EN1A bar from College Engineering -www.collegengering.co.uk.

                  They sell by the 12 inch length. 5/8 round is 2.70 plus VAT plus postage. They have a minimum order of 10.00.

                  Regards,

                  Ivor Pigram
                  Another useful contact to make note off.

                  However I have had success elswhere thanks to ian 2 stroke.

                  Cheers
                  Colin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ian 2 stroke View Post
                    Hi Colin,
                    Mallard Metal Packs of 53, Jasim Croft, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 5AX.
                    can supply any type or form of metal in small quantities,
                    E-Mail sales@mallardmetals.co.uk
                    Phone 0121 624 0302
                    Web www.mallardmetals.co.uk
                    Ian

                    Hi Ian

                    Have obtained the material I need from Mallard metals.
                    What a very pleasant experience, the guy whom I dealt with was really friendly and extremely helpful a real gem

                    Thanks for giving me the contact, a real help to me.

                    Colin

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mallards Metals

                      Hi Colin,
                      Glad to have been of help. Your comments don't surprise me. I have always used them when needing raw materials and it has never been anything but a pleasant experience.
                      Ian.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X