Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortons launch classic bikers web site

Mortons have just launched http://www.classicbikersclub.com/
    You dont have to subscribe to a Mortons mag to join but if you are a current Mortons subscriber you can get additional info from their archives. There are some pages on Greeves but you do need to be a mag subscriber to see them.

I subscribe to Classic Dirt Bike....It's probably just as well that Ralph Venables is now longer with us, as he would be picking up the clangers that seem too common. This current cover photo is supposed to be the Italian Gritti on a KTM.
    Look a bit closer, it may be a KTM under the Penton stickers, but the rider has a USA helmet, and is actually John Penton Jr. The editor also published the fact that John Giles finished his ISDT career with a ride on a Greeves in 1970, so how come I have loads of pics of John on a Cheney Triumph?

Comment

Classic dirt bike

Brian,
      I think he was generally known as Jack with his brothers Ted and Jeff Penton.

I pointed out the error to Tim Britton who promised, as penance, to remove a 400 x 18 knobbly using nothing but spoons.

Druid

Comment

I used the name John Penton Jr. because a certain well respected "Bible" of the ISDT captioned him as John Penton, the Trophy Team leader, when I think that should have referred to his Dad. I have a pic of 3 Pentons from the IOM 6 Days, but before scrutineering, so there are no numbers and I can't caption it properly, would you recognise them if I publish it?

Comment

Pentons

Brian,
          Possibly. but certainly the Penton owners Group would.
          If they're shots you took, i.e. previously unpublished. I'd love to see them. I've got a 1975 360 KTM enduro.

What's the well respected bible?

Druid

Comment

Mortons launch classic bikers web site

Getting back to the original thread. I have signed on and as an OBM subscriber have full membership. Have had a quick look round and there are numerous archive articles including one on Bill Wilkinsons Scottish. Its much more than a forum. The GRA has a link in the clubs section http://www.classicbikersclub.com/clubs?page=1
            One tip, when you sign on you need to quote your subscription number to a particular mag. In the case of OBM the number is on the plastic postage wrapper. The number they require is the one preceded with the month & then number ie Nov-12234567, you only need the last 6 digits ie 234567. Ignore the other numbers on the wrapper.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/02/2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Druid, PM sent.

Comment

Working...
              X