GRA/LL gets a mention in OBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRA/LL gets a mention in OBM

Editor 'Blue' homes in on Leading Link in his editorial (July OBM) where he raises the ongoing issue of younger members not coming forward to take up official posts in clubs.
    Attached Files

John, “He ” is a she of the female variety, hence the nom de plume “ Blue” .

Comment

Really ! I did wonder why the nom de plume
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/06/2022, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
        John, “He ” is a she of the female variety, hence the nom de plume “ Blue” .
        pics from 'her' facebook page
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/07/2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Well done John. The super sleuth cracks the case again! It seems she was editor of Back Street Heroes for around 14 years, then 100% Biker, another custom bike magazine, until she joined OBM. She certainly seems to know her stuff, and I would say OBM has improved under her stewardship. The photos refer to the fact that she is a bit of an authority on Route 66, and lives some of her time in Arizona. An interesting person.

Comment

Not that hot on Greeves though! In the Dec 2021 OBM a wrong caption appeared on a photo of Arthur Browning stating he was on a Greeves but actually on a Cheney Triumph in the 1973 ISDT in USA. Most of interesting OBM features are readers own accounts of their youthful riding days, and revisited articles from Mortons archive by Pete Kelly. There is actually very little editorial input.

Comment

I do think OBM is better now, and the editor puts their stamp on it, which is noticeable when an editor changes. I think she is doing rather well.
              Last edited by IanCordes; 07/07/2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X