greeves frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greeves frames

I am hoping for some help, before covid i purchased a frame and wheels from what i believed to be a scottish, but several things seem to be wrong about it the front wheel has paddle hub the rear has a drum brake the swinging arm also looks differant from a scottish. the frame has been powder coated in a brown colour including the alloy beam ive tryed cleaning this off off the beam with very little sucess there is no number on the frame and no sign of it being ground off. all ideas welcome

A picture paints 1000 words, Dave. You won't be able to post one as a non-member, unless you have just joined, in which case you need your membership upgrading on here, If you know a member, you could get him/her to post up some photos for you. Your description really doesn't give us much to go on. There were several incarnations of Scottish. Wheels may have been changed; who knows? They all have drum brakes btw

Ian C.

Comment

Thanks Ian, I am a member since may last year but I can’t seem to navigate my way around the site too well and it gets very frustrating and I don’t want to give my 12 year old grandson the pleasure of putting it right

Comment

Dave you need to email Ian Thornton to get upgraded on the forum so you can post pics. https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/member/1-ian send him a PM

Comment

Hi Dave. Yes, John is correct. You should have been upgraded months ago. Ian Thornton is the only one who can do it. It is one thing your grandson won't be able to fix!! Once done, the facilities of the whole site will open up for you.

Comment

Many thanks Gents

Comment

So anybody know what to do if you can’t get get upgraded, renewing membership doesn’t seem to be worth the money if you can’t get a response or much help??

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stickland View Post
                So anybody know what to do if you can’t get get upgraded, renewing membership doesn’t seem to be worth the money if you can’t get a response or much help??
                You need to PM Ian Thornton the web master who is listed as 'Ian' on here, but apparently is out of the country most of the time so may not respond to a pm. Its a crazy situation and the membership officer should have the authority to update the members on the forum. As to say Dave you have paid your money and need value for it.

Comment

Ian is usually in touch with the forum, even when he's abroad.
                  I've just sent him an email about this.
                  Hopefully you will be sorted very shortly Dave.
                  AndyB
                  Membership Secretary

Comment

That did it Dave, you're now upgraded!

Comment

Many thanks Andy

Comment

Good news, Dave! If you post some pics up of what you have, I am sure it can be identified. Do include a clear photo of the nearside of the headstock.

Ian C.

Comment

Here are some pics of Davids bike, can anyone identify it, it has no frame number!
                          Attached Files

Comment

My guess is a 1958 20,24 Ta tas due to having trials forks and no brake pedal mountings on frame and seat frame is shown in early drawings as changed slightly very early 1959

Comment

It looks as though the frame number may have been filled in. I would try to strip the paint off the beam to see what is underneath. If it is powder coat I guess blasting is the only way to shift it. With no frame number, no registration. I am sure Gary is correct in what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X