Tony East RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony East RIP

Having read a comment by Ian Cordes in another post that Tony East had died, I searched the net and found his obituary. Tony died on 26th Feb at Nobel's Hospital aged 81. Tony of course ran the ARE Motorcycle Museum which included a large number of Greeves including the 250cc OBG special 24DDS101 (901 JOO) and two 24DF Ex City of London Police bikes
    Tony's obituary can be read here https://www.legacy.com/uk/obituaries...?pid=201574492
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/03/2022, 08:35 AM.

Very sad. A lovely chap, and in his private collection/museum at Kirk Michael he had a separate building just for Greeves, which he loved. One of those places not to be missed when visiting the Isle of Man, but who knows what will happen to it now?

Ian C.

Comment

very sad for all concerned......

Comment

A high spot of the MGP trip was always a visit to Tony's museum, with coffee on the lawn and a chat about Greeves. A lovely man, who will be greatly missed.

Comment

A great guy I sold him a 125 James at a Stafford show about 5 years ago now and found him such a nice bloke i visited the Museum in the Island 2 years ago and found a really good selection he had there, another of the greats sadly gone.

Comment

Working...
          X