Manufacturing sprockets in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturing sprockets in India

An interesting video showing the manufacture of motorcycle sprockets in India. Real recycling as the raw material is rusty scrap steel plate. Health & Safety does not appear to be an issue. No guards on presses, no safety clothing etc etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2EDb8n8IgU Looks more like England in the 1920's

Good safety film, how about the last bit with wire wheel, no gogles, wearing flip flops, working on the floor and electric cable nearly touching wheel ouch!

Comment

Fascinating, yet frightening at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by teamferret View Post
        Fascinating, yet frightening at the same time
        Yes I was a tool maker and those die sets should have guards, and the presses guarded on tools where individual guards not possible. Bit surprising that they wire brush each sprocket rather than acid dip them as a batch, but I suppose it removes the burrs and labour is cheap. Presumably they are then zinc plated then sold on eBay for around £13

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

Yes I was a tool maker and those die sets should have guards, and the presses guarded on tools where individual guards not possible. Bit surprising that they wire brush each sprocket rather than acid dip them as a batch, but I suppose it removes the burrs and labour is cheap. Presumably they are then zinc plated then sold on eBay for around £13
          It shows how far our H & S have come. Over the years I have come to curse our H & S sometimes for their petty rules but this film is very convincing for safety. H & S must have stopped millions of accidents.

Comment

Working...
          X