Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstatement of Authentication Service

Reinstatement of Authentication Service

The machine authentication service, which has been suspended since October 2020, is to be reinstated from 1st August 2021.
    The purpose of the service is to generate the authentication certificates required by DVLA to support applications to register Greeves motorcycles or to recover original registration numbers.
    Each machine for which an authentication certificate is requested has to be inspected by a GRA machine examiner. The reason for the suspension was the difficulty in carrying out the inspections safely during the Covid 19 lockdown.
    Lockdown is scheduled to end on 21st June, so we should be in a position to arrange inspections after that.
    We are waiting until 1st August before accepting new applications because we have a substantial list of Greeves owners who have been waiting patiently since last October for the service to become available again and we need to clear that backlog. They have all been written to with application form enclosed

Once we have passed 1st August, the first step for an owner to get the process started is to email me on colinsparrow@btinternet.com or write to me at the address shown on the Club Officers page in Leading Link.
    I will need the prospective applicant’s name, address and telephone number and the frame number and engine number of the machine in question.
    I will then write enclosing an application form, stating the fee required and giving full details of how to proceed.
    Covid 19 is not over yet. We would ask that anyone having their machine inspected ensures that inspections can be carried out outdoors and that all Covid 19 precautions are observed during the inspection.

Colin Sparrow

GRA Authentication Officer
    Colin Sparrow
Working...
X