Friarage Motorcycles, Aylesbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friarage Motorcycles, Aylesbury

Has anyone heard of Friarage Motorcycles of Aylesbury, they were apparently a Greeves dealer in 1957

Hi John ,I come from Aylesbury and had not heard of Friarage Motorcycles but I contacted a mate Jack Burk also from Aylesbury who worked there and he told me the story about Friarage M/C .
    It was started by a a guy called Bob Pocock who lived in Friarage Terrace Aylesbury probably where the name came from and worked in a garage in Bourbon street Aylesbury working on cars bikes mainly Royal Enfields in the late 1950s .
    He was a bit of a wheeler dealer by all accounts and didn't have his own premises ,he was not a Greeves agent but Jack remembers him getting 5 Greeves all road bikes 250 twins and 197 singles probably from another Greeves dealer .
    He also sold Royal Enfields .
    I will try and get some more info when I speak to Jack
    Simon

Comment

Thanks for that Simon. At least 4 of the road bikes were 1957 25D's frame numbers 7215, 7216 7217 & 7221, 7215 is currently for sale as a basket case with registration number 578 BBH, an original Bucks mark.
      There is another, 575 BBH shown on the DVLA but that has not been taxed since 28 May 1981 so probably long gone. This begs the question as to how Bob Pocock managed to sell 4 (or 5) road twins in such a short period of time. The first owner of 578 BBK was a Robin Sidney Cardy 6 Montague Road, Southcourt, Aylesbury on 8th April 1957.

Comment

Just had a photo sent to me by Joe Western of Friarage Motorcycles Aylesbury and you can see the Greeves sign so looks like they were Greeves agents
        Attached Files

Comment

Peugeot S55 an S57 scooters with 1957 and 1959 registrations (HBH and WYN 1959 and CKX 1957) so that dates the pic to 1959 or later. Vary rare model in UK some presumably supplied by Friarage
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/04/2023, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X