Getting a V5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a V5

Hi, I acquired my Greeves last year but not got round to obtaining a V5 as only using off road but now could do with getting this sorted.

DVLA have advised that to obtain a V5 I need to complete forms V765 and V55/5 and send them to the GRA together with photos and the old MOT cert I have from Jan 65 which shows a reg number of 955JPA.

DVLA say they have a 'partial' record only on their systems.

Does anyone know if what i've been told is correct as don't want to waste officials/members time if not.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes basically what DVLA have told you is correct. The MoT cert must show BOTH the Registration and Frame (VIN) numbers to recover the original reg number. Colin Sparrow is the GRA DVLA Authentication officer and can help with this,

Comment

Clearly DVLA want you to re-register the bike in order to get a V5C. If you only have a V5 it will need to show the frame number and the registration number. to be of any use. An MoT certificate will not do.

You will need an authentication letter from the GRA, and I will need to endorse your V765. The bike will need to be inspected by the club. Please mention this conversation in the email so I know who it's from.

If you email me your address to colinsparrow@btinternet.com I will write to you with an application form, details of how to proceed, and what I need from you.

Colin Sparrow, Authentication Officer, GRA
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin, doesn't an MoT certificate qualify under section B in the V765 form ie Any pre 1983 documentary evidence linking the chassis number to the registration number to vehicle If a V5/V5c is available then it would just be a matter of sending in the old one to get a new on in keepers name. If the V5/V5c is missing but reg No is showing on the DVLA web site, a V62 form is required to claim a new one at a fee of £25. From what 'Niko59' has said he does not have a V5/V5c or old RF60 log book only an old MoT cert from Jan 65, so will need to recover number via the V765 scheme with the old MoT cert as the documentary evidence. A V765 form can be downloaded here https://assets.publishing.service.go...49617/v765.pdf
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/05/2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing".

Now, who else said that?
          Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 20/05/2021, 03:34 PM.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Kimi Raikkonen

Comment

Spot on John. 'Course it was.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thought it was the "mule-headed motorcyclist" who refrained from wearing a helmet in the Government-inspired TV propaganda encouraging their take-up?
                Anyone else old enough to remember that?

Comment

I don't remember that, John, but I do remember Kimi Raikkonen saying it! Very funny, although he wasn't laughing at the time!

Ian C.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                    Thought it was the "mule-headed motorcyclist" who refrained from wearing a helmet in the Government-inspired TV propaganda encouraging their take-up?
                    Anyone else old enough to remember that?
                    I'm afraid I do remember it, John. The mule-headed motorcyclist said that he was "in complete control of the situation". Until he fell off, that was...

Apologies for accidental thread highjack Niko59. I do see you haven't emailed me your address yet. Do you want to get your Greeves registered, or don't you?
                    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 21/05/2021, 10:50 AM.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                    X