Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike info required

Hi
    Can anyone help with information on Motorcycle 603264 frame, 863B1194 engine in trials trim? Is this an original trials machine or a road bike converted? The fuel tank badge reads Greeves Sports.
    Appreciate any help with this?
    thanks

Its a 24TCS and engine number is correct for that model. Do you have the bike? Are you in the UK? its not on the survivors list but will add it if it exists. Any further info appreciated.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/03/2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hi John
      thanks for reply I'm new to greeves normally mess around with ariels what is a 24tcs. The bike exist but I am not the owner yet
      cheers mark

Comment

A 24TCS is a 250cc 1960 Scottish Trials, so looks correct except for tank badges which are only screwed on so can be changed. I assume the bike is being advertised somewhere in UK? If you buy it could you please PM me details for Survivors list. Does it have a reg number?

Comment

Hi it has reg number but only the old buff log book
          are the tank badges available. I think the exhaust is wrong looking at others on the internet
          cheers mark

Comment

Yes tank badges are available from various sources.Try Mike Hobbs 01480 880217 he is a club supplier

Comment

60/3264 is a 1960 24TCS Scottish Trials. The engine, 863B 1194, is a Villiers 32A and it is the original.

With the buff log book we can help an owner reclaim the original registration number.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi colin thank you for the information
                the bike is complete but needs restoration. The chap wants £2100 for it dont no if that a go price or not
                Cheers mark

Comment

Seems a bit on the high side, you will probably need that amount again to get it to restored condition. Difficult to give a valuation without seeing the bike but I would think around £1200 would be where it should be. and with out a V5c additional expense in getting a V5c

Comment

Hi John
                    I was thinking the same I offer 1500 so wait
                    to see
                    Cheers mark

Comment

Hi Mark. The value is very much dependent on condition, for sure. One man's restoration project is another man's oily rag survivor. One thing I would say is that if it is all complete, hoping to buy it for £1200 is unrealistic. Those days are gone. Do you have any photos? As a non-member you can't post them, but if you email them to one of us, we can.

Ian C.

Comment

Hi ian I will try and get photos and email them
                        cheers mark

Comment

£2100 is not too high if you prefer to ride rather than restore and can afford it,i doubt you will have another chance at that price,even bantams and fanny b's are going for more these days.

Comment

Originally posted by rynner View Post
                            £2100 is not too high if you prefer to ride rather than restore and can afford it,i doubt you will have another chance at that price,even bantams and fanny b's are going for more these days.
                            That depends very much on whether it is slightly scruffy but a good runner, or a basket case. We don't have that info.

Ian C.

Comment

This is the bike in 4/21 it was bought by a chap near Oxford reg No YHO523 which looks like an original Hampshire reg.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X