Mike Eady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Eady

I'm sorry to have to report that former GRA General Secretary Mike Eady has died. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour in December 2020 and sadly it turned out to be malignant.

Mike served as our secretary from 1998 to 2006, which includes the years when I was GRA Chairman. He was unfailingly reliable and meticulous and we owe him a great deal of thanks for his dedicated service. He never missed a committee meeting and always came fully prepared and while I was chairman he unfailingly made sure I was properly briefed.

Mike was a thoroughly decent man and a real friend. I'm so sorry he's gone.

Colin Sparrow
    Colin Sparrow

Sad news RIP Mike

Comment

Sad news indeed. Without doubt Mike was a thoroughly decent guy. He always had the time for a chat.

RIP Mike.

Comment

RIP MIKE. I didn't have any dealings with him, but he led the "Team" which showed confidence and authority, will be much missed.

Comment

A very sad day. Mike was always full of advice and help. A great loss to the world.

Comment

Such a terrible loss. Mike contributed a lot to the club, and I know my dad also thought very highly of him.

I know it's been said before, but what a miserable 12 months it's been for our sport.

Thoughts with Mike's family. Not an easy thing to go through.

Comment

Such a nice quiet man, who always got the jobs done with no thought about himself, totally realisable and will be sadly missed by us all now in the GRA

Comment

I Completely agree with all that has been said about Mike, we worked very closely with him for many years he was totally reliable and the club owes a lot to him.

Comment

Very sad to hear of Mike's passing.....

During my time on the GRA Committee Mike was there for me whenever I needed guidance, advice or clarification, always ready to help and to listen, for which I was always grateful.

He gave so much to the club and was meticulous in every aspect of his work, with his sharp mind, innate fairness and good humour always to the fore. Mike was a true gentleman in every way and I'm very glad to have known him and to have benefitted from his experience, wisdom and good council. A true enthusiast and clubman of the highest regard, greatly respected by all that knew him.

A great loss and my sincere condolences to his family and many friends at this very difficult time.

Rest in peace Mike, and thanks for everything.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                  X