Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ampere Electric a subsiduary of Greaves Cotton to build scooters in Tamil Nadu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampere Electric a subsiduary of Greaves Cotton to build scooters in Tamil Nadu!

Came across the above online this morning and thought, that's a bit of a coincidence. No idea where the name Greaves Cotton comes from but couldn't resist posting on here in case anyone knows a lot more than I.

"Greaves Cotton" seems to have no connection to anything UK based, but will Moorland Blue be in their colour range? Will they play "Telstar" at ear-shattering volume at the scooter launch?

Comment

Looks like they have mutated the GREEVES name to GREAVES to avoid a copy right issue, presumably Mr Deal would not approve. Quite a big outfit https://www.greavescotton.com/

Comment

Typical motorcyclists adding two and two to make five. James Greaves and George Cotton formed the company in 1839! Partnership with Ruston And Hornsby in 1939 to make diesels in India etc so predates Greeves motorcycles somewhat. Interesting company history.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Hope all is good,

Cant wait to get out and have some tea!

I belive Richard Deal of Greeves Mortorcycles ltd is playing in electric, trials and mobility scooters.

We had a chat as I was looking for a few 24MX4 bits, but I didnt buy anything from him.

Kind regards John
          Last edited by John macleod; 20/02/2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
            Typical motorcyclists adding two and two to make five. James Greaves and George Cotton formed the company in 1839! Partnership with Ruston And Hornsby in 1939 to make diesels in India etc so predates Greeves motorcycles somewhat. Interesting company history.
            Thanks for clearing that up, I shall sleep soundly in my bed to night now.

Comment

Glad to be of assistance ​​​​​Must admit my first thought was the Cotton bit was cotton as in material until I read the full history of the company, quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X