rear hub scottish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear hub scottish

surely this locknut against the dust cap is incorrect?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

You are correct, the nut is wrong Stephen. There should be a spacer there. Have a look at the rear hub section drawing in the service notes for details. After the dust cover there is a spacer then the brake back plate, another spacer then a lock nut then the wheel nut on the outside of the swing arm. It looks like the spindle is non standard, it shouldn't have a thread light up to the dust cap.
    Regards
    Clive

Comment

Sorry, should have typed "thread right up to the dust cap"
      Regards

Comment

Hi Clive how do you access service notes new to site Thank you Stephen

Comment

You cant, you have to buy them from John Henry email is editor.leadinglink@btinternet.com Photo copies £5 each including postage, or Digital in pdf format £3.50 each

Comment

it might be right if someone had fitted taper roller bearings as they have to be adjusted, don't know if this helps!!

Comment

As John has explained, the Service Notes are available via the club. Unlikely to have been converted to taper roller bearings as the standard bearings are perfectly adequate. Incidentally the spacer needed in place of the nut on your Scottish is easy to make if you have a lathe. My rear wheel is out at the moment so let me know if you need the dimensions of the spacer and I will measure it.
              Regards.

Comment

thanks Clive got it sorted

Comment

Working...
                X