Members in Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members in Hampshire

Are there any members anywhere near to me Hampshire / Dorset who have a 25DB,DC or DD that would not mind me photographing their bike, just so that when I start putting it back together I can assemble correctly. It is not that I have forgotten is was just loosely assembled ( incorrectly) when I obtained it.
    Regards
    Peter

It looks like you are Billy no-mates there then Peter! As yours is a DB, a DC onwards will be of limited help, as they have a different frame from the DB.

Ian C.

Comment

Prior to 2008 the GRA published a bi annual list of members giving Name, County, Telephone Number and their particular interest ie Road, Trials, Scrambles or Road Racing. Sadly the Data Protection Act saw the end to that, but has not put an end to the endless scammers and dodgy double glazing, loft insulation installers, boiler and washing machine servicing companies who seem to be able to freely obtain our phone numbers and pester us. Sadly we are (it would appear) not able to have contact numbers of our fellow club members. Was the data protection act really intended for clubs and societies. I dont see why a members list could not be reinstated subject to the member ticking a box on his/her membership form to authorise this.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSears View Post
        Are there any members anywhere near to me Hampshire / Dorset who have a 25DB,DC or DD that would not mind me photographing their bike, just so that when I start putting it back together I can assemble correctly. It is not that I have forgotten is was just loosely assembled ( incorrectly) when I obtained it.
        Regards
        Peter
        Although the title of the website seems a little optimistic for this particular model, there are some reasonably detailed pics of a 25DB here:
        A well sorted Greeves two stroke twin cylinder roadster; runs well. Retaining many original features such as the paddle hubs, this rather good looking Greeves 250 twin is in very good rideable condition. ...

HTH

Comment

Yes loads of pics on the net of 25DB's but I think Peter wants to take close up pics of individual parts to help him rebuild his bike. You cant get that sort of detail from normal 'all of the bike' pics. Also by going and taking your own pics and actually looking at the bike you can talk to owner about the bike which if the owner restored the bike himself can yield much wanted info. Is not that what club membership should be about, helping one another.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/06/2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

John
            You are correct that is exactly what I was hoping for but I am sure I will get there eventually, its not exactly rocket science !!

Comment

My 'Fleetwing' came to me in boxes - it's quite straightforward to roughly assemble all the big bits in the right places. I found many of the fasteners would only fit in one place. The difficulty comes with the frame and engine plate spacers, but there are loads of drawings, photos and sketches on this forum which filled in all the blanks for me, despite my bike turning out to be a bit of a hybrid!
              I rebuilt it using as many as I could of the parts received so that it looked like it had prior to being dismantled in about 1980 by the previous owner.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks Andy my was in about the same condition so am doing a dry build prior to paint and getting Stainless spacers machined in line with the information gleaned from the forum.

Comment

Hi Peter, I have a 25DC with a 3T motor in it. I am 5 minutes off the A34 south of Newbury if you are passing. You are welcome to come and have a look. If so, send me a PM.

Brian.

Comment

Hello Peter I live just outside Southampton close to the M25 Fareham West exit. I rebuilt my 25 dc from a barn find. You are most welcome to come over to inspect and take pictures, maybe even put it up on the bench for close views. You will find my name and no. in the list of committee members in LL.

Comment

Sorry that should be M 27

Comment

Thanks Mike, you seem the nearest and must have started from the same condition as mine is, I will be in touch very soon
                        Regards
                        Peter

Comment

Mike
                          I sent you an email to the address in LL yesterday morning, as there is no phone number listed, did you receive it ?

Comment

Working...
                          X