Qub ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qub ?????

The "QUB" in the name of some models, does it have something to do with Prof. Gordon Blair and Queens University Belfast. I am quite well up on the story of the QUB road racers but never heard of any scrambles connection. Thanks in advance, W.

You're spot on, Willie. His work was applied to later scramble models, too.

Comment

See pages 187 and 201 of my book...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

I will look at that...…… its my birthday & your book is in the boot of my wife's car but I don't get it till teatime!

Comment

Willie, I believe Ray Mcullough still has his Seeley QUB, won't sell it, I asked him a few years ago, and there is another in NI but that isn't for sale either according to Will Cory. I got to know Ray when I was racing over there in the 60s/ early 70s, nice bloke and super quick.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterGreig View Post
            I will look at that...…… its my birthday & your book is in the boot of my wife's car but I don't get it till teatime!
            Happy birthday Peter. Good present choice - I'm confident you'll enjoy it!
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

I am sure you are right, please make volume 2 an easier size to read in bed. P.

Comment

Well Peter, there is a Kindle version available...
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                  Willie, I believe Ray Mcullough still has his Seeley QUB, won't sell it, I asked him a few years ago, and there is another in NI but that isn't for sale either according to Will Cory. I got to know Ray when I was racing over there in the 60s/ early 70s, nice bloke and super quick.
                  Thanks for that, Ray and QUB often turn up at shows up North,(Im in South East) and most years I see Ray at the Skerries roadraces.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone and keep safe, W.

Comment

Working...
                    X