Suspension of Authentication Service: 22nd March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension of Authentication Service: 22nd March 2020

Judging by the situation in other countries and by the stream of advice and restrictions flowing from the Government and the NHS, this coronavirus pandemic hasn’t peaked in the UK yet and is not going to go away any time soon.

Many of our members are over 70 years of age, and a fair number of us (I guess), are likely to be the recipients of letters from the NHS instructing us to confine ourselves to our homes for extended periods. So we must regard our membership collectively as potentially vulnerable.

The GRA Committee has therefore decided to suspend the machine authentication service for the duration. This is to eliminate the need for personal contact between bike owners and machine examiners when carrying out inspections of bikes for authentication. The objective being to protect both parties, of course.

It is established GRA policy only to authenticate bikes which have been inspected; we do not propose to start authenticating from photographs.
    This is not open to debate; be assured that there are sound reasons for this policy.

The Committee of course regrets the inconvenience caused to members and others who want to get Greeves machines registered, however considering that classic motorcycling is a hobby and that we won’t be able to get out and about much during this summer anyway, we need to keep things in proportion and simply put things on hold until the situation improves.
    So if you’re trying to get a Greeves registered for the road please be patient.

You’re welcome to email me on colinsparrow@btinternet.com to let me know that you need a bike authenticating and I’ll acknowledge and then get back in touch when we are able to lift the suspension. Please include your name and address when you email so that I can write to you when circumstances improve.

Colin Sparrow

Machine Authentication Officer

Vice-Chairman
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 22/03/2020, 04:22 PM.
    Colin Sparrow

Very sensible move Colin. A delay will not hurt in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Dont forget that if you have a registration number for your bike check to see if its showing on the DVLA website https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.u...924.1557236086 If it is showing on there then you don't need authentication, just fill in a V62 form https://assets.publishing.service.go...ertificate.pdf and £25 fee and sent it to DVLA to claim a new V5c in your name.

Comment

Working...
      X