Challenger gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger gearbox

What is the recommended assembly order for a Challenger gearbox? Fit all the pinions onto the outer case and slide them in together, or put them in first then add the cover? How do you line up the selector cam with the quadrant? Do the selector fork recesses face inward or outwards? I hasten to add I got the box in pieces! I do not mind 3d jigsaw puzzles but there are only so many days in a year.

Hi Peter, I send mine to Geoff Nunn, he's really good and great value for money ....and you know its going to work because he tests it on his test jig.
    He has spares or can get them. He's on 07765692584 and really helpful.
    Last edited by John macleod; 15/02/2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I'm sure he would do an excellent job, problem is I am the "expert" on this occasion, the plan is to make a dummy kickstart shaft so as not to have the existing shaft protruding as the box is going to be fitted in a Silverstone & it gets in the way of the gearchange- we may also swap the close ratio cluster out of my ISDT bike if the one in bits has wider ratios. Unless anyone have a low first gear pare of pinions? So I may have two to put together and maybe see which ratios suit which bike.

Comment

No worries Peter, good luck , if you get stuck I'm sure he'll help wih any considered thoughts (just a phone call away) - he's a great guy !

Comment

Working...
        X