Greeves Griffin Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Griffin Engine Rebuild

Hi, Can anyone recommend a company or individual who could rebuild a 1970 Greeves Griffin 250 engine & possibly gearbox and clutch?

Contact Dave Higgins (CMS Vapour Blast -http://cmsvapourblast@talktalk.net ) ( or pm on the forum). Dave has done a lot of work on My Griffons, completely rebuilding the 250 Enduro, 380 Enduro and just finished the 380 Desert Griffon, adding Electrex World Ignition as the Steffa was failing. His workmanship is great and I am confident many others on the forum would testify to this. I always know that when I give Dave an engine that it will be done how I want, with great communication during the process.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
      Contact Dave Higgins (CMS Vapour Blast -http://cmsvapourblast@talktalk.net ) ( or pm on the forum). Dave has done a lot of work on My Griffons, completely rebuilding the 250 Enduro, 380 Enduro and just finished the 380 Desert Griffon, adding Electrex World Ignition as the Steffa was failing. His workmanship is great and I am confident many others on the forum would testify to this. I always know that when I give Dave an engine that it will be done how I want, with great communication during the process.
      Hi Tony, if you changed from the original Sefa to the Electric World ignition where did you mount the coil unit as the I've never come across such a long convoluting route from the coil to the spark plugs, it couldn't really be any longer!

Comment

The coil sits above the plug however from the ignition to the coil is 'convoluting'. The cable goes back towards the carb then up and along the main frame before dropping down to the coil. I expect you could run it forward but it would be more exposed and closer to the barrel so it is safer and less visible as it has been routed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1906.JPG Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	79048

Comment

Working...
        X