Derrick Cornell RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Cornell RIP

This obituary for Derrick Cornell the Bishops Stortford, Herts Greeves dealer from OBM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07815.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	78589

Sad news. Unfortunately another who no doubt had a wealth of knowledge can no longer pass it on.

Slipping my anorak on..... I am a little puzzled by the Greeves in the picture, taken in 1962. It has a square barrel, but is neither an MDS or MCS; wrong forks in both cases. The first thing I noticed though was the tank. Definitely not a Greeves. It has a seam around the bottom edge..... hmmm.

RIP Derrick

Ian
    Last edited by IanCordes; 03/11/2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

It’s a mcs mk1 uk speck with Garda air filter and correct forks without the braces fitted. as you say Ian not sure on the tank type
      Gary

Comment

Dave B used a similar LYTA tank with bottom seam on his MDS ...………..
        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 03/11/2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Apologies for taking this thread off-topic. Rest in Peace Derrick Cornell.

Comment

John, it was put up as a memoriam!

Comment

No offence to anyone, but rip`s should be prehaps kept to the main theme, no problem to start another thread on a related point though!

Comment

Guilty as charged; my fault, because I started it! Having said that, I did consider the point when typing, my view was that his obituary causing Greeves nuts to discuss the finer points of a Greeves would have given Derrick a smile?

Ian

Comment

Working...
                X