X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook messenger security - from Dave Harper

Hi everyone,

Dave Harper's facebook has been hacked.

Please ignore any friendship requests from him for the foreseeable future.

Dave knows I am communicating this.

KIm Morley and I both received a request to join Dave Harper's messenger today. The request included Dave's Logo from his facebook page.

I clicked OK, not realizing I was already connected on messenger with him.

I was consequently asked on messenger (by someone fictitious but claiming to be Dave) if I was interested in a £100k loan that I didnt need to pay back.

I have also read recently that Bryan Wade had a similar problem with someone hacking his facebook some time ago.

Kind regards John

Oh the joys of Faceache Maybe Dave should start a thread on this forum, away from these scammers and where GRA members can benefit from his knowledge
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/10/2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

John m, i`ve done exactly the same as you, clicked it, then realised he was already a friend, to make things worse, adrian dickerson is also a victim to, i did the same again......what a muppet!, just unfriend the new link, you can tell which one it is, because it should have a lower number of friends to its credit than the original.

Comment

Yep Dave Higgins is right -that's exactly what I did first (unfriend it) but my son (typical teenager) said block the new person instead. This is because unfriending it means they can still message you, see stuff posted publically on your page, aswell as search/see anything to do with you on facebook whilst their logged in, but if you block then they cant do any of the afformentioned issues, they cant even search for your name(you wont come up in search results) or appear in friends lists etc.

Comment

Nice one john, just gotta find a small child to guide me through the process!

Comment

My small child in 6'4" 18 yrs old and wants a 24MX4 - can you help?

Comment

Blocking instructions from a teenager needing MX lessons :

Noah went to my facebook page, there are multiple ways of blocking them depending upon how your page is set up but essentialy you do the following:

1. You need to get to their facebook page (the person you want to block) by clicking on the image of them or their name, which will be accessible on your facebook

2. Then on their facebook page usually on RHS at the top ,you will see 'Messenger' and 3 dots

3. Click on the 3 dots and click 'Block'

4. It will then ask if you want to confirm that you want to block them and you click yes,

5. Click 'OK' when it tells you they have been blocked

At that point they can no longer see anything or do anything on your page. They also can't continue any further conversation already started or start a conversation with you.

Hope this helps cheers John

Comment

Yes in the same boat, had one from Dave Harper as well, also i had one from Triss Sharp, and i was already on there as a friend

Comment

Name Dropper!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X